Pages

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Feed my Sheep

2010
Wednesday, 14 April
06:08:30

Lord: Hold on to the promises I give you. Re-read and absorb the Word I give, for it is meat to the hungry and vision to the blind.

Keep Jesus at the centre. Do not fall into the trap of letting thoughts of big meetings beguile you. I am calling people in ones and twos. Remember Jesus said, "When two or three gather together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." It is in the twos and threes that my kingdom is nourished. Society is not made up of villages and towns; it is made up of small family units. It is these family units, working together, that make communities, and communities joining together that make up society. I want to work in small family units. 

Do not despise the small things. Feed my sheep, and care for my people. As they begin to come together and meet for worship and fellowship, encourage the gifts I am giving, and give space to those whom I am calling into ministries within the family of the church. Every member of the family must be equally valued and encouraged to grow in grace. As you have contact with, and encourage these small groups, become the links between the groups and develop a network of relationships, to link my family together.

Feed my lambs. There will be occasions when those young in me, will come for instruction and encouragement. Share your story and all that I have shown you in your life. Open my Word together and bring them to me in prayer together. Just as a child learns about life by watching and copying those around him, so my lambs will learn by your example. If your life is Jesus centred, then they too will learn to focus on Him.

I delight to see my people focused on Jesus and embracing all those who come to me. I am not interested in what labels people attach to themselves or others. Never ask "What denomination are you?" or "Where do you fellowship?" Learn to recognise when people belong to Me, and love them as family. Know this: All members of my family, make up the church, and are to become the bride of Christ. Share this with my people.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.