Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Walking in the Garden

Lord: The relationship I established with Adam in the garden of Eden was very close. We walked and talked a lot, and would watch the sun rise and set together. Anything he asked me I would tell him, and together we named all the creatures I had made, and gave names to the plants and trees of the Earth. I was an exciting time for him as he learnt all about his environment, and a lot about the heavens as well. No information was barred from him in those days, and we spent a lot of time together just talking. Hearing my voice in those days was easier for him, for there were few distractions, and no other voices to lead him astray.

Even after I made Eve, we all walked and talked together, and he learnt about relationships. They both struggled a bit with how to be close to me, while remaining close to one another. That lesson is still a difficult one, when a couple feel they should give their all to their marriage relationship! And so they should, and indeed can, while still retaining their relationship with me! You see, I am not a threat to the relationship between a man and a woman. I created man out of the dust of the earth and I breathed into him my breath, the breath of life! Out of man I created woman, and breathed into her my life, so together they live. I invented sex for them and allowed my love to flow between them. Everything that binds man and woman together I created and made for them, that they may be one. I do not come between to divide, but to bind together.

When man sins it, grieves my heart of love, and when a man and woman who have pledged love to each other, divorce I feel the pain every bit as much as they do.

I want to restore the relationship I enjoyed with Adam and Eve before their fall. I want to restore it, so that you, my children, may be one with me, as I originally made you to be. I loved the garden I made for Adam, and I yearn to walk in it with you. I want our relationship to be one where we walk and talk together, not just the two of us but all of us! I want all my people to stop excluding me from your relationships with others. I can bind you together in love and make your relationships really special, if you will only let me in.

My intention for Adam and Eve was that they would teach their children to walk with me in the garden also. Sadly, before that was possible, I had to close the garden to them, lest they destroy it with sin. Now, through Jesus, it is possible you you to draw near to me, and for us to build that perfect relationship again. In order to do this there are things, baggage collected from institutional religion, that need to be shed. There are things that need to be taught and passed on, to help you learn to listen to me and hear my voice. I need you to commit yourself to me again, and to listen to all that I will say to you, to learn the ways that I will show you, and to share it with your children and your children's children! Walk close to me always, and encourage those around you to walk close to me also. This is something we do together. Love one another as I have loved you. Gather round and be at one with me and with each other. Let me teach you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.