Pages

Monday 1 March 2010

Total Commitment

2010
Monday, 1 March
04:57:00

Me: Good Morning Lord, Thank you for waking me this morning and for a good night's sleep. I love you Lord.

Lord: I love you too son. Welcome to the 5 am club.

Reading: 2 Chronicles 14.2-16.14

2 Chronicles 16:7-9
At that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah and said to him: Because you relied on the king of Aram and not on the LORD your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped from your hand.

Were not the Cushites and Libyans a mighty army with great numbers of chariots and horsemen? Yet when you relied on the LORD, he delivered them into your hand.

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war.

Lord: Out of the readings today, I want you my church to learn that to serve me is a total commitment, and that, when you serve me with your whole heart, trusting and relying upon me for all your needs, then you will prosper and grow, but when you turn your back upon the Lord your God, and take your eyes off the Lord Jesus, and his teaching, then I will withdraw my hand of provision from you and you will flounder. The only reason for my church's financial problems at this time, is that they no longer focus upon the Lord Jesus and proclaim him as Lord, but focus their efforts upon the things that do not matter in the overall plan.

A great multitude is assembling at the gate of heaven, with a great hunger for the Lord. They are aware that they are sinners, and need the Grace of God. Where are my people, who should be feeding and nurturing them? They are busy worrying about buildings and rituals. They are pursuing the ways of the world, saying to themselves, "The survival of the Church depended on this." I tell you this: The survival of my Church, and the honour of my Name, is My concern not yours. I would say to my Church, "Stop doing what the world wants you to do, and start listening to me". Do the will of your Father in heaven. That is, point to Jesus. You do not exist to do the will of the world, but to be a teacher of the world. Teach them the ways of the Lord. If they reject the ways of the Lord, then their institutions will fail, and great will be the fall of them. If they embrace the teachings of the Lord, and follow in his ways, then they will prosper and no one shall be able to stand against them.

1 comment:

  1. Could you send this to the Bishop!!??

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.