Pages

Saturday 19 December 2009

The King and I

2009
Saturday, 19 December
04:58:00

Me: Good Morning Lord, Thank you for waking me this morning, and for a good nights sleep. I love you. Please help me to love you more.

Lord: Good morning Son, I love you too, Thank you for getting up this morning to be with me.

I am the Lord who saves you, I am the rock of your salvation, walk in my ways and shelter in my shadow, you will never be put to shame.


The Lord who saves you. As I explained to you yesterday, because of the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden on Eden, sin entered the human race, and man became separated from me. It wasn't what I wanted, but I knew it would happen. Even before I brought the first atom into existence I began to plan for that event. I planned a way for fallen man to be restored into a right relationship with me. Over a period of some four thousand years I taught man a hard lesson, I taught him the consequences of sin. Throughout those years I allowed sin to multiply. My hand was still upon everything I had made, and I limited sin to specific boundaries. Some of my people I protected, and many times placed a mighty wall of protection around them. But my people, those I had chosen, saw many things that happen as a result of the sin that separates me from them.

I also showed then several ways they could logically limit sin in their lives, and so come close to me. I knew they would fail, but man needed to learn the lesson of failure and come to a realisation that he could not, by his own works of righteousness, claw his way back into favour with me, for sin would still be there within, and I cannot allow sin into my perfect presence.

The sin in man, was the sin of thinking he was in some way equal to me, or that he, in some mysterious way, knew better than me! By his believing the serpent, he dared to assume that I was lying! I do not lie! How can I lie when I am perfect? Why should I lie, when I owe nothing to anyone or anything I have made? The whole purpose of creating mankind was to have company, some one to share all the good things I had made. The lesson I had to teach man, was that, because of the nature of sin, it would always come into everything man did, even the good he tried to do, would always be tarnished by the sin in his life. Even trying to live a holy and righteous life to please me, was in itself, a matter of pride. Even the elation of thinking he had in some way, by his own efforts, come close to heaven, was food for sin, to laugh and say "See, I have got around God, I have persuaded him to ignore my wrong."

Therefore the answer needed to be, my work! It required that I should make the move to put things right. I was the one who had been wronged, and therefore could easily have walked away, allowing even sin itself to cease to exist. But I wouldn't do that, because of Love. When I finished the creation, before man fell, I looked at it all, and I loved it. It was good, and it pleased me. I shouted for joy and all the stars and heavenly bodies resonated with the sound of my laughter. To have wound it all up would have meant starting again, and there was always the strong possibility the same thing would happen again.

You see, I was taking a huge risk when I made free will beings. Even the Angels, who I made before mankind, who have all seen my glory and my power, and who help me with the creation I have made, have free will. They too have made a choice, and that choice was made having seen so much more of me, than man has ever seen. Some chose to go their own way and followed Satan, and are now restricted in what they can do, for I have defeated Satan. Now, if they fell, how much more likely was the fall of man, a being of only partial sight, and limited understanding? Yes, it was a huge risk for me, but it was a risk worth taking, for the results could be valuable beyond words. A being or race, who love me freely, of their own choice. A people who had seen the full extent of my love for them. It is one thing to know I love you, it is quite another to experience the full extent of that love. If I just forgave them, and let them go on sinning, it would show I didn't care about perfection, but just accepted them, dirty, stained and broken, like a child playing with a soiled toy. My love in Jesus shows mankind, that I don't just want sinful man, but I want sinful man with the sin totally dealt with, and with a love and awe in his heart, that will bring us together in love.

Throughout the Bible I have shown mankind the consequences of sin, through the prophets, I have told him of the eternal consequences. This is not my wrath, this is cause and effect. Sin separates us, and being separated from me, means you will die, because I alone, sustain all life. My salvation through Jesus is absolute. Through the Cross and Resurrection of Jesus I have dealt with the problem of sin, and set mankind free. However, I have not removed free-will from man, because I want people who will love me freely. Because you have free will, it is your choice, to accept that you are sinners and need what I have done for you. I respect your choice in this. To accept, means admitting that you are not equal to God Almighty, that you need his help in order to live. That help, come in the forgiveness of sin, which is available only from Jesus, who said from the cross; "Father forgive them..." As soon as a sinner opens the hardness of his heart to the gentle love of Jesus, and allows the Saviour inside, I come, and we make our home in Him, stimulating inside of him the God given breath of life. Making our homes in you means that you have made your home in us. At last the relationship I longed for, before the foundation of the world, comes into being.

The Rock of your Salvation. I am the rock of your salvation. The image here is a rock jutting out of a wild sea. Unmoving, stable and sure. Everything in the world moves, and every thought of man changes and shifts like the shifting sands on a beach at high tide. The sand is mankind, the tide is the changing theories and doctrines of man. This applies both to theology and science, in fact to everything. The only thing that doesn't change is me. I am the rock. If you stand on me, and rely on what I say, then it doesn't matter to you, what changes happen in human thought, you will always be standing on the truth, truth which is absolute. I am the Rock that never shifts and stands for ever.

Walk with me, Shelter in me, I will never let you be put to shame. Having worked so hard to provide you with a way of salvation, having paid the ultimate price for your life, I am not about to abandon you to your own devices again. I never did abandon you, I let you go your own way. Now you are home from the terror that way of sin brought, I want you to take a walk with me, and see what riches I will bring you. Like a Father takes the hand of his small child, to walk down the busy street, so I want to take your hand so that you know you are safe. I want to lead you on this pathway, not against your will, but together. When you keep your hand in mine, and we walk together I will take you into the future where I reign, and you will see wonders you never dreamed possible. You will experience my love in a way hitherto unknown, for I made you to be loved, and to love. Shame and pain are no longer part of that relationship, they are a thing of the past, of another existence, one that is no more. I am with you always to the close of the age.

Me: 
The King and I, walked down life's road together,
Where many people go passing by,
The greatest one and I a lowly beggar
Walk hand in hand, the King and I.

Why He should care for me will always be a mystery;
He hold the whole world in His hands and who am I?
And so my heart, sometimes can't help but wonder,
Why we're together, the King and I.

You ask me how we have this seal of friendship.
It rests alone in Jesus Christ my Lord.
He died for me, and claims my love and worship,
You read it all, in His true word.

He says I am to live in Him and let Him live in me,
He is the true and only vine and I a branch.
He reigns in heaven, and yet dwells deep within me,
'Tis wonderful, the King and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.