Pages

Sunday 29 April 2012

I value Purity

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, Thank you for joining us this morning and spending time with us. We love you too.

Solomon, like so many great men down the ages, started out determined to follow the God of his father David. He had grown up to see how King David, all his life, tried to follow me and stay true. Oh, like all men he had his ups and his downs, but generally, overall, he stayed true to me, and was always ready to admit when he was wrong. Even when Nathan the prophet pointed out his great sin against Uriah the Hittite, in taking his wife to bed, he was genuinely repentant.

Solomon started out with many good intentions. Unfortunately his reign started with shed blood, but that is true of so many kings and kingdoms. His reign, through the early years, was peaceful. Having established himself as king, and dealt with the opposition, he had peace on all his borders, and made an alliance with Egypt by marrying Pharaoh's daughter. They actually loved each other. She was beautiful, and remained faithful to him, which was why he built her a palace for herself and her Egyptian retinue. Solomon's sin, however, started when he began to tolerate, and even encourage, his wife's fascination for, and devotion to, the gods of Egypt. He became divided, forgetting Me, and following too closely behind his wife. Had he used his wisdom right (it was after all a gift from me) he would have taught his wife all about Me and brought her also into the kingdom. I would have received her, as I did so many other foreigners. Joseph's wife was Egyptian! Rahab the prostitute was a foreigner, as was Ruth the Moabite, and both these women became ancestors of Jesus.

Purity is something I highly value. But it is not purity as man interprets the word. The purity that I value is not purity of race; all men are one race anyway! No, the purity I value is the purity of the heart. I am pure love, and I value pure love in my creation. I made mankind to love. Man is made with the ability to love with a pure, selfless love. This is what I value, this is what I rejoice in. Pure selfless love does not give in, it works tirelessly for the salvation of the object of its attention. Solomon's love for his wife  should have been directed at her soul, the real person, not just at making her physically happy.

Today, mankind is totally bent on the happiness and the immediate wealth of today, with little, or no, thought for tomorrow. Therefore I say to you, prepare for tomorrow and prepare others for Eternity. Come yourself and bring them into a solid, real, personal relationship with me, then they will be both equipped and ready for all that tomorrow will bring. Sharing Me with others is the most loving and life-giving act anyone can perform. I want my Church to show the world how it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.