Pages

Friday 6 April 2012

Good Friday Passion

Me: Good morning Lord. Please be with those who are performing the Passion this morning. Help them and let this act be a powerful witness to all those who see it. Also bless those who will walk the walk of witness today, and all who hear about you.

Lord: Good morning son. I love these performances, whatever form they take, because they spark the imagination of men and women everywhere, and speak far more powerfully of the gospel, than hours of sermons.

Reading: 1 Samuel 4-6

The penalties for looking upon the Ark of the Covenant were set in place by me to be a lesson in respecting My holiness. You only have to glance at what I had done for Israel in delivering them from Egypt, in caring for them in the wilderness, then in occupying the land, to see that I was moving with them in mighty power. Under Eli they had become too familiar with Me, and taken Me for granted!

I am the Lord Almighty. I bow to no man. All things in the Heavens and on the Earth, are made by Me, and are therefore subject to Me. That is why I am holy and should be respected and revered in the heart of every man. But the heart of man is rebellious and hard, and he has filled the God-shaped hole in the centre of his existence, with self and man-made images. Mankind will not return to Me, if I let this situation continue!

Because I am God, and I really care about My creation, I cannot abandon man to the results of his sin! I want him to return to me, to be saved. For this reason I sent my Son Jesus into the world, to deal with sin, once and for all. There was no other way than Passion Week, to deal with sin.

Sin had to be dealt with by Me, not by man. For man there is no escape from sin. For Jesus, sin could not hold Him, because He alone, born of a woman, was without sin. Original sin passes down from Adam, the first man. Even Eve was a descendant of Adam, in that she was taken, and cloned, from Him. Jesus however, was not descended from Adam, for it was by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit that Mary conceived him. I am His Father, not Adam, or a descendant of Adam,s!

Once Jesus had dealt with the sin issue, by dying on the cross, I made it possible for anyone, yes, any man woman or child born of Adam, to come to me, through the work Jesus had done. The Cross of Jesus is, in every sense of the word, a bridge, over which man may cross, and come back into My will. It is the Jesus who died upon that Cross, that must occupy that God-shaped space in the heart of every man. It is only when Jesus has His rightful place in the centre of your life, that you can gaze on anything that is holy. This is why Moses could come into My presence, and could touch the tablets on which I had written with My own finger, and live! If I were to reveal the Ark of the Covenant to man today, only those whose hearts are Jesus-centred, and are right with Me, could approach. What I have made holy, remains holy for all eternity, which is why, throughout the dark ages of man I have kept certain things from the eyes of man, until He is right with me, and ready to look into My face.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,

    A friend here in Cornwall has pointed me in the direction of your site and I have been struck by some resonances in this prophetic word and in some other things. I cannot see an obvious way to get in touch - is there a way to do this?

    Blessings,

    Jeremy Britton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeremy,
    feel free to contact me on "martin @ houseofhogan.org" obviously with no spaces!
    Every blessing
    Martin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.