Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Lubrication for Harmony

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you Lord  for the signs of your hand at work fulfilling the words you have given to me and to others. You are faithful Lord and I love you.

Lord: Good morning son. Thank you for joining us this morning. Yes, I promised that you would begin to see me at work, and I shall continue to do all that I have set out. The pace of revival and renewal is gathering, and I am continually raising up and moving around My workers, to bring in the harvest.

Vision: I see before me a watch or clock mechanism. It is running and all the parts are functioning. Then, as I looked, I became aware of a noise, like metal grinding against metal, and I became aware of imbalances in the tiny cogs and gears. I see it as if through a powerful magnifying glass, and can see tiny bits of grit scratching the otherwise shiny surfaces. It is obvious that all was not right. Then I saw the mechanism bathed in liquid, like very fine oil. The bits of dirt were washed away and all began to run smoothly again.

Lord: You see well. A dry, rusty mechanism will always require much more energy to get started and keep moving, and will cause a lot of friction, which distorts, cracks, damages and hinders the purpose of the mechanism, However a well-lubricated mechanism is easy to start, and runs smoothly with little or no friction, and therefore no damage. The energy required is only a fraction of that required to run the dirty one.

From this illustration, it is easy to see that all the elements are vital to the correct and smooth running of the clock. Without the gears and mechanism, there would be no way to tell the time. Without the mainspring or source of energy, the gears could not turn. Without perfect balance and the right lubrication, the whole thing would grate, grind, and screech, eventually distorting and grinding to a halt! All the energy expended would have been wasted!

Now let's see what all this means in relation to the Good News about Jesus. My Church is a mechanism for taking the good news about Jesus, and all He has done, to the people of the world. Just as the purpose of a clock is to mark the passage of time, so the purpose of the Good News is to bring salvation to the lost. The mainspring of the Church is the power of My Holy Spirit. It is my Spirit that that moves all the component parts in harmony and drives the evangelists, who are like the hands of a clock; they point to Jesus. The things that bring disharmony and cause the Church to grate, grind and screech, are those who are not working with the Spirit, but trying to resist Him. Every church has those who are not working in total harmony or who resist the flow of the Spirit. The answer to the problem is not to get rid of them for, just as in a clock, where every component has a purpose, so in a church every member has a ministry and purpose.

In any quality watch or clock there is another element, not very obvious, but nevertheless vital to its smooth running, the lubrication! The purist will tell you that a watch or clock doesn't need lubrication. This is not true; every mechanism where metal rubs against metal needs lubrication. In the case of a watch it is provided by the jewelled movement and very fine, almost vapour, oil. Without these it is only a matter of time before wear and tear take their toll.

For the mechanism of the church to run in perfect harmony, it also requires lubrication. No, the lubrication of the church is not the bishop or the minister, and no, it isn't the preaching or the training! The lubrication of the church is its intercessors! Those who remain in My presence, making intercession for all the saints, these loved ones are the lubrication which maintains the smooth running and harmony of all aspects of my Church. They are vital! Never underestimate their role or hinder them in any way. When economies need to be made, increase the lubrication! When new ministries are rising, back each one with intercessors. No one should go out into the mission field, whether at home or abroad, without the backing of people praying for them every day and every hour.

Value and support My intercessors, remember that though they are vital support for others in the field of mission, they too need love and support. They are the peace-makers within the family of the church, for by their prayers they bring harmony. In today's divided church, the role of my intercessors is vital. In today's divided world they have an even bigger task. Therefore I am calling all my church to support them in repentance and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.