Pages

Sunday 12 February 2012

Eat up your Greens!

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for your love and goodness to us, and for taking care of all our wants and needs. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Thank you for joining us this morning and for focusing of My Word. The Word I have spoken is food for you. Keep feeding on the Word each day.

When you eat a meal, there is often something in the meal that you are not too keen on, but which you eat in order to receive a balanced diet. Often, the foods which people don't like and avoid, are the very bits which keep them strong and healthy. It is much the same with My Word. The parts which are often taken lightly, or even avoided, provide a great deal of nourishment, even in modern situations. The Old Testament is largely neglected as a teaching tool, by a lot of main stream congregations. Individuals also reject 90% of the Old Testament as irrelevant to modern living, and therefore do not read it.

Even on a secular level the Jewish Scriptures are dismissed by historians, scientists and thinkers alike, purely because of their 'religious' setting. Take for example the account of the Global Flood or the Exodus. Secular historians are far more likely to read and take notice of the writings of secular people. Yet, time and again, I am allowing discoveries to be made, which reinforce and back up My Word, which is truth!

But aside from the secular world of unbelief, My people, who are called by My name, are also abandoning My Word, because it doesn't fit comfortably with their current world view. To you I say, Return to the Lord your God, and seek My forgiveness for the casting aside of My Word. Treat My Word as a balanced meal. There will be parts of the meal that you find difficult to digest, but, 'Eat up your greens, they will do you good!' Remember how, as a child, you used to let the greens slip down your throat, without chewing them, so you didn't have to taste them! Well, they still did you good in the long run. So with My Word. Take both the Old and the New Testaments and consume them. Do not pass judgement on them, until the Word has done its work. Over time the goodness and truth in the Word seeps out and nourishes the body, so that, when you need the truth, or you need a foundation for what you think you believe, My Word is there in your innermost being, to give you the support and truth you need.

The other way to feed on the Word is to chew it over and allow the goodness and the flavour to come out like honey in the mouth. Sometimes this can be difficult, but I am always here, and ready to help you. All you need to do is ask.

While the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness for forty years, I fed them on manna from Heaven. I have provided for My Church the same sort of provision, with the written Word, the Bible. Those who rely on it and feast on it never find it wanting, while those who reject it, or only pick at it are always hungry.

Do not be confused by clever theological comments, or blinded by the remarks of 'eminent' scholars. Always start by taking My Word at face value. Just eat it. You see it wasn't written as a puzzle or code. I did not hide the truth from you. It doesn't need a priest or a theologian to unravel the truth for you. It requires only for you to sit at a table and consume it like a good meal. To be able to digest your food, you don't have to be a doctor or understand all the processes of digestion. Your body knows what to do with the food and you can get on with life. So it is with My Word. Consume it and allow your spirit to be nourished. Just as you accept, by experience, that your food is good for you, so begin to accept that the Word is truth and food for you. As you consume it regularly you will soon discover by experience that the Word IS truth and IS good for you. I love you and therefore would not prescribe for you anything less than the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.