Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

Effective Prayer

Lord: Prayer is a very powerful tool for the Christian to wield. I want you to encourage all My children to enter more whole heartedly into prayer!
 
Prayer is not about instructing Me, or informing Me about needs and situations. I know everything and I know all mankind and all his needs, long before he knows about them himself or even dares to ask Me.

Much of what is taught about prayer and methods of prayer is elementary, and geared to get children into a habit of prayer. But it is also largely detached from the relationship with Me aspect. Children and adults alike are taught to pray in a detached way. Many grow up believing that the once-a-month, or at best once-a-week, diet of community prayer 'in church' is all that is required. Sadly, a very high percentage of such prayer is unbelieving and half-hearted, and thus virtually ineffective. I won't even say it's better than nothing, because it is so luke-warm that I find it distasteful and would spew it out of my mouth. Oh I don't reject it all, for even in the greyest area of prayer, there are pure thoughts, pure hopes, and heart-felt desires, but this is not the sort of prayer that is going to change the world, or bring in the Kingdom! To do that you need dynamic prayer!

Q.    So, what is dynamic prayer?

A.    Well son, dynamic prayer begins with a love relationship with Me! In order to make the sort of dramatic changes in the world, you have to talk to the Creator who designed and made everything. The reason for this, is that the changes needed to bring My kingdom in, require the undoing of centuries of wrong teaching , deceit, and mis-direction. The human heart has been corrupted and beguiled by the Evil One, and needs healing and repairing. This is a job that can only be carried out by Me. It is a job for love!

Take an example: In human society, if an individual wants to change society, he has to work his way into the political system, and come under the eye of those who wield power. Becoming a friend and colleague of the Prime Minister, means that you are able to talk to him about the things that are dear to your 'political' heart. Learning about the process of decision-making, and catching the wider picture, helps you to see what changes are required, and are best for society. This takes a lot of effort and cannot be effective if you are uncommitted or half-hearted.

If that is true in a human political arena, it is also true for the Christian. To change the world and bring in the Kingdom, you need to get to know the Creator of all things, as a friend!

Did you realise that it is easier to get to know Me than it is to get to know the Prime Minister? Well, it is! The big difference is, that I want to be known, and I want to be your close friend, more than the Prime Minister does. And even better, I am available to you 24-7!

However, as in the human political arena, to understand the situation and catch the wider picture, a great deal of effort is needed. You need to spend time in conversation with me,  listening and asking questions. Our prayer relationship must move on from, 'Dear God, please bless Mummy and Daddy..... ," to a more adult conversation, in which we engage each other in deep conversation, about the necessary big issues that need to be dealt with. As I have told you before, I do not withhold anything My children need, and as a father is pleased when his children seek his help and understanding, so I am pleased when you engage with Me and I can teach you!

This sort of intercourse requires a commitment of time and attention and cannot be achieved by a once a month or once a week brief encounter. It requires regular practical workshop sessions and classroom work. Oh I'm not talking about a college course or a university degree, I am talking about time spent with me. watching me at work, learning how to, and when to, use the tools and gifts I want to give you.

This is why I have, over the last few years, built up our relationship from one of comparative strangers to close friends, from a short daily quiet-time, to a much longer period of deep conversation, Bible reading, wider reading and study, through to journaling. This is your training for the next stage, which is the real field-work of bringing in the Kingdom.

Field work is not sending you out on your own. Field work is going out into the mission field with Me, and doing the things I direct you to do. It is far more effective and much safer that trying to do it on your own. Son, I never send any of my servants out on their own. I am always with you. Even when Michael or Gabriel go out from the throne room on an errand for Me, they do not go alone. I am with them as I am with you.

Real, effective prayer is pro-active, fully engaged and fully involved, full-time communication with your very best friend, Me. I want our relationship to be deeper than a friendship, for I love you and I want you to love Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.