Pages

Sunday 7 February 2010

When I am lifted up from the earth

2010
Sunday, 7 February
04:59:20

Lord: Come up here son, for there are things that I want to show you. What do you see Martin?

Me: I see a lonely Cross, high on a hill. The sky is clear, and the sun is high. The birds are singing, and there is a buzz of insects. There is a feeling a little like being in a churchyard. but it is a hill in a wide open countryside, with a view for miles in all directions.

Lord: Look to the horizon Martin, and what do you see?

Me: I see a great multitude of people streaming from all directions to the Cross. People of every age, and nationality. The rich and the poor, the strong and the weak, all walking together. It seems as though the Cross itself is giving them strength to keep moving. There are lots of different expressions on their faces. Some look really joyful, while others look bewildered. Some even look reluctant, but are still moving forward. At first, I thought there was no sound coming from the multitude, for all I could hear was the sound of the birds and insects. Then, as I listened, I heard a murmur. For a time it remained just a murmur, although the crowd had come considerably nearer. The level of the noise was not related to the distance, or the number. Suddenly I heard a shout. It grew to a mighty crescendo in a matter of a few seconds. Again it came, and a third time. The shout was a resounding "Yes! Yes! Yes!" The crowd surged forward and as they reached the Cross, it was as though the Cross itself absorbed them. For what seemed like a long time the crowd came forward, and the ringing echo of their 'yes' could be heard. Then all was still and there were no more people coming. The fields were empty and even the birds and insects were silent. Then a cold wind began to blow and the green of the hillside turned brown, and nothing would grow in the barren dryness. Dust filled the air and the sound of the wind drove out all other sounds. It was very bleak and very inhospitable.

Lord: Jesus said "...When I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." The Cross of Jesus stands high on a hillside where all can see it. Many find the Cross an offence, the whole idea of a crucified God abhorrent to them. Many are fascinated by the Cross, and like Moses at the burning bush, have turned aside to see it. Whatever the reason for coming, the Cross is like a magnet that few can resist. Huge numbers of people come to the Cross in silence, not wanting to draw attention to themselves and be ridiculed by their fascination or interest. They are often unaware that others too, some very close to themselves, are also moving towards me. The nearer you come to the Cross, the clearer you see Jesus. The clearer you see Jesus the clearer you see me! The three times cry "yes" is the cry I want to hear: "Yes Jesus, you are the Lord", "Yes Jesus, Forgive my sins," and "Yes Jesus, come into my heart." The acknowledgement of Jesus as Lord, and embracing all three, by asking Jesus into your heart, moves you forward with a rush, and you become one with the Cross. You are crucified with Christ. Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

When the full number have been saved, and I have gathered the church together, I shall take her to a place of safety. And the time of tribulation will begin. Those who are left behind will be given a short time to repent. Then shall the end begin, and the new age dawn.

1 comment:

  1. I love this ... God takes those who are even reluctantly drawn to him ... he wants us all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.