Pages

Monday 1 February 2010

Water in the Desert.

2010
Monday, 1 February
04:54:57

Me:    Good morning Lord, Thank you for waking me this morning and for a good night’s sleep. I Love you Lord, and I love these times in the morning with you. Please help me to be more alert and open to the things you are saying.

Lord:    Good morning Martin. I too love these times together, and have been excited about this morning. There is lots to do before you go, and I want to show you just how smoothly and wonderfully I can work.

What do you see, Martin?

Me:    I see a well in the desert, surrounded with lush growth. I see people drawing water, and laughing with joy. I see children playing and singing. I se a community that is well fed and content.

Lord:    The well is the water of Life. It is fed from my throne room, and runs through the streets of the Holy City. The vibrant life around, is there because those, who dwell there, drink freely of the waters. Children laugh and play because they are full of the confidence, I give to those who drink from me. What you see is a picture of my church as I intend it to be, a watering place, in the desert of an unbelieving world.

Look again Martin, What do you see?

Me:    I am looking out from the trees into the desert, and I see people who have drunk from the water, walking out into the blazing sun. Some are nearby and are still laughing and full of joy, and look back to the trees with joy. Others are further away from the trees, and are less full of joy. Anxiety is written on their faces as they look ever outwards, and away from the water. Still others have wandered far away and are weary and dehydrated, lacking the strength to return to drink. Beyond that I see no living thing, only desert and dry bones, all of them lying face down in the sand with their heads away from the water.

Lord:    You have seen right. What you see, are not the unsaved, but those who know about the water and have drunk from the water of Life, and have experienced the fellowship of believers. But, instead of staying in the comfortable shade of the trees, and drinking from the water whenever they are thirsty, they have wandered away from me, and have been attracted by the bright sunshine and the warmth of the sand. Some only play in the sand, and return to the shade and the water regularly. Others have been more bold in their own eyes, and have ventured out further, lured by the unknown, and seeking out life in this lifeless place. The fascination and belief, that they will find something special, is very strong, and they press on, forgetting that all their health and strength comes from the water of life, and the shelter of the trees of life. For some there is the opportunity to return, when they realise they are dying of thirst, and as they turn towards the water, there are others, who will carry water to them, and aid their return. But there are some who have gone too far, and the memory of the life-giving water has faded from them. They do not know which way to turn, so they press on outward, and don’t look back. Thy die where they fall, and the desert takes them. It is not my desire that they should die thus. I want all my creation to live and thrive. That is why I made it so. Yes, I have complete and absolute power, and could force their return, but I have given to all men and women, a precious gift, the ability to choose life or death, good or evil, the oasis or the desert. I long for my children to return to Me, and, though they may be little more than dry bones, I can give then life again. The choice is theirs.

Look again Martin, and what do you see?

Me:    I see a crowd of people on the horizon, far beyond the dry bones. I see camels and vehicles, moving in this direction. (My heart became anxious as I thought of an invading army coming to destroy us.) Then I was taken, in the spirit, to a place above the crowd, and I saw that they were not an army, but a huge multitude of sick, and hurting people, they were dressed in rags. Even their transport was spent. And they left behind a trail of broken junk. They all carried water bottles, but it was obvious some of the water was dirty or nearly spent. Most are dying. Who are they Lord?

Lord:    They are a great multitude of ordinary people, who have been brought up without any knowledge of me, or of my Son. They are the children of a disillusioned generation, who my church never reached out to, or who were prevented from coming to me. They are not evil. They have never known anything else but loneliness. They are the multitude which no man can number, who have my seed of life in them. Without knowing what it was, or who gave it to them, they have tried to nurture it and help it to grow. I put about amongst them a rumour, that there is a watering hole, in the desert of their life, where they could drink, and be forever satisfied. These are those who have filled every container they have, with the water of hope, and have pressed forward together, seeking the water of life. Travelling in a large group, they have helped each other by sharing the water of hope. Without their realising it, I have increased their hope, and they have pressed on.

What more do you see?

Me:    I see a great crowd running out from the water and the trees. They carry with them containers of water, and they are running with supernatural strength, past the ring of dry bones, towards the approaching crowd. I see them meet, embrace, and share the water they have brought. I see the years falling off the pilgrims, and their youth returning, as they drink from the water of life! I see a great surge of people from both groups running to the water. I see the children and the sick being carried, and I hear a great shout of joy.

Lord:  Look again and what do you see?

Me:    I see, from above, the water of life and the trees around it. It has grown from an oasis in the desert, to a country large enough to accommodate the multitude now entering it. I see a great feast of welcome being prepared. I see butterflies and colourful flowers. I hear the sound of birds singing, as the children laugh and skip.

I see the King, standing in the centre of the water in a white robe. His brightness shines even brighter than the desert sun. The sound of his voice reaches all the corners of the world, and all hear him. Even the deaf hear.

Lord:    You see well. Now tell the church this. The time has come, the moment has arrived, for my people to rise up, and carry the water of life, that I have given you in great abundance, and refresh those who are struggling in hope. Revive the weary and expand my Kingdom. Leave all your practices and rituals, which so often bar the doors to your gatherings, and prevent those outside from coming in. Run now, in the freedom of my Spirit. Tell out your message. Tell of the greatness of your God. Tell the people in words, songs, laughter and dance. Lead them to Jesus, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The gates of heaven stand open wide. Come my people, come! Now is the time to praise him. Now is the time of harvest.

1 comment:

  1. yesterdays talk with god was the one i enjoyed enormously i do love all but that conversation was special thank you for sharing gill

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.