Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Trust and Love

2010
Wednesday, 17 February
04:54:18

Lord: The most important lesson for any Christian to learn, is to trust God. This trust may manifest itself in different ways. It first appears in a trusting in the saving power of the Lord Jesus. Head knowledge isn't enough, and will not save. Being told something, and having head knowledge, requires a response from you. That response is, to step out in faith, and dare to believe that Jesus died for your sin. To discover that we love you, and have provided in Jesus' death, a pathway back to God.

Because all men and women are carrying a lot of baggage around with them, trust requires a shift in values. Many things, that were once important to you, move further back in the list of priorities, and things you didn't even know you cared about, come to the front. Once again trust 'kicks in'. Many find it hard to believe that I, the Lord almighty, who created the universe, with all its wonders, could possibly be interested in little you, with all your petty worries! Well, I do care, and I love it when my children trust me with their worries, and the things that niggle them. When you trust me with these things, I can fix them for you. Let me deal with the little things of life, and acknowledge me in their solution, and you will also see the great things I do for you. The simple testimony to the little things I do, points to me as a God who cares and loves His people. Everyone accepts the little things I do, even unbelievers. They may well say "I accept your testimony, but I would put another explanation on to it." That is fine. Keep telling them what I am doing. Eventually, like a dripping tap, I will get through to them, trust me.

In any sort of personal relationship, trust comes first, followed close behind by respect. Out of these two, a good and healthy relationship flourishes. It is important to nurture and nourish trust, and to discern those you can trust and those you can't. Satan has caused your society today, to mistrust everyone and everything. Even governments and churches have swallowed his lie. Without trust, there can be no love, and that is Satan's aim, to make a loveless society. Oh, he makes it all sound very logical, with terms like 'National Security' and 'safety on the streets and in the homes'. However, the whole point of a society, is that people band together in mutual trust, to make a safe and pleasant environment to live. A society that seeks to control the individual by laws, rules, and force, has lost the whole point of society. A marriage based on anything else but trust and mutual respect is doomed to failure. For it is out of trust and respect, love is born; it doesn't always begin with love. In the great scheme of things love is the beginning because I am love. But in a loveless world, amongst those who have never received love, love has to be learnt and will arise out of trust and respect.

For my work to continue, and for revival to come, my kingdom must be seen on earth. In my kingdom, all my people trust and love me, but they also trust and love each other. My heart yearns for Christians to love each other. In order to do this, you need to trust and respect each other, and to recognise and trust, the gifts I have given to each individual as I choose. My Holy Spirit knows best, what gifts are most needed at a specific place and time, and will supply them. All my Church needs to do, is to recognise the gift in others, and embrace it. That is trust.

Part of the established churches' problem with low levels of giving, is due to lack of trust between the giver and the receiver, trust, that the money or gift they give, will be used for the kingdom of God. When the need is apparent, as in the Haiti earthquake appeal, and assurances are given that the right help would go to the right people, great generosity is shown. Here in Cornwall the Cornish have a great respect and trust for the work of Shelter Box. That trust relationship with Shelter Box, has turned into a love for what they are doing, that is how so much can be given to help Haiti!

I want members of my Church to trust each other, and for that trust to turn to love. I want my Church to trust me, and for that trust to turn to love. Trust and love one another as I trust and love you. Then my kingdom will be seen on earth, and revival will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.