Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Show Me, Great Creator.

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for allowing me to join you on your walk this morning and for speaking to me and listening to my prayers. Help me now Lord as I listen to you to, not only hear you, but understand what you are saying to me.

Lord: Good morning son, thank you for your company this morning. These are good times and I value them. In fact they are precious times for me and I look forward to your close company. for although I am with you all day long it is in this early hour in the morning before the world really wakes up, that we can talk uninterrupted and undistracted.

Making the right decisions

As you test out decision making with me, it is like pushing doors! First commit all the options to me and ask that I will open the right doors and keep the others closed. Few decision in life are simply one choice, one right answer. Most decisions involve many doors, and often many layers of doors. Sometimes opening one door will lead you to a second door, which opens up where the other option on level one would have brought you. I also close some doors and make them more difficult to open, so that, although a particular option seems attractive to you, it isn't open to you, and therefore it is not right at this time. Just because something isn't right now does not necessarily mean it will never be right. For example it is not the right decision to give a child a razor. However, when the child grows into a man he will find a razor very useful. Sometimes in life there are other skills to learn first, then you will be equipped to use a gift.

Sometimes it seems frustrating when the answer always seems to be no,  or wait, but believe me when I tell you, I really do know what is best for you! Remember the story of George Washington Carver, who, at an early stage in his career as an agricultural chemist, prayed to me for help. He asked me to show him all about the Universe, but I told him it was too big for him. So he asked me to show him all there was to know about the mountains, but I told him that was too big for him. After going through lots of smaller things and finding them all too big he was quite dejected, and turning his eyes to the ground I showed him a peanut. "That's about your size," I told him. Then, together we worked on the peanut, the soya bean, pecans and the sweet potato. I showed him over 300 uses for the peanut and many hundreds more uses for the others! I closed many doors for him, but those I opened led him to become one of the greatest agricultural chemists of the 19th century. I did it for him because he asked me, and because he always maintained that I was Mr Creator and showed him what to do.

I want to do this for all my children, whatever their field of interest. I want you all to discover things about the world I made for you. I want you to think my thoughts after me and be amazed at the complexity and beauty of everything. I want you to see my stamp on every tiny part of the creation. I made it for you to discover and be amazed at. I made it so that we could dance together through creation with singing and delight. I love you.

"I indulge in very little lip service but ask the Great Creator silently, daily, and often many times a day to permit me to speak to Him through the three great kingdoms of the world which He created-the animal, mineral, and vegetable kingdoms-to understand their relations to each other, and our relations to them and to the Great God who made all of us."  

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."

"Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God."  George Washington Carver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.