Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Hearing My Voice

Lord: I want to continue today on the theme of hearing my voice. It is helpful if those who want to hear me speaking to them, discard any pre-conceived ideas of what my voice sounds like. Except in rare instances, I do not speak in a human voice which you hear with your physical ears. I only resort to that when the hearer has nor made enough space to be quiet before me, or when their preconceived idea of what I sound like has caused them to reject my voice when I speak. It is an interesting deception because most people don't expect to hear me speak audibly, but that is what they are listening for!

When I created man I built into him the ability to receive communications directly from me. Man is a thinking being who is able to think abstract thoughts and to understand images  and icons. This is not something that has developed or 'evolved'; it is built into him by me. When you buy a new phone, you take it for granted that it will be able to connect to the network and do all the things the designer intended it to do. Many of the functions, like knowing where it is, what time it is and the date, happen without the user being conscious of it, but when you want to know the time it is there for you. So it is with man. I have built in these abilities which are always there for you to use. Sadly man has listened to the Evil One's lies too long, and has forgotten how to use many of the built-in functions of the human mind.

For example, man rarely questions, and almost never talks about, the constant discussion that goes on in his mind, weighing up the choices of doing what is right, or what is wrong. This debate is not part of the 'programming' nor is it instinct. This is Me speaking to you, helping you to make the right decision. When you begin to reason things out in your mind, it is Me that drops thoughts into the equation. It is Me that flags up warnings when the logic is faulty. So, discard any notions of an audible voice for the moment and work on recognising the inner voice, through which I make things known to you. Learn to hear me above the noise of the world, as counter arguments rush in to try and lead you astray.

As you begin to be aware of that still small voice inside your mind think about Me and try and recognise the love in my voice. Whenever I speak to any of my children, even when I speak a word of warning or rebuke, my voice is full of love for you. The Evil One would have you believe I am a God of wrath, always seeking to catch you out and exclude you from blessing, but this is a blatant lie. I love all my children and desire that all should be saved and enter into a full and perfect relationship with me. I am a wrathful God when it comes to sin and evil and I always seek to rid the earth of evil. But the sinner I love.

In the quiet of the space you have made to be with me, tell me of your love! Tell me about all the things that are dear to you and those which weigh on your heart. Then, in the silence, let me show you what I think of these things. I will drop thoughts into your mind. For example, you may say to me that you are concerned about someone's health, and then the thought comes into your mind that I am also concerned about that person's health. Knowing that I care also will lead you to pray more effectively, and you will be more open to Me to suggest that you pray with them for healing. Or it may be that you feel hurt by something someone has said to you. Bring it to me and let me love you and heal your hurt so that you can love and forgive the one who has hurt you. I am always ready to say 'I love you.' Are you always ready to love back?

Learn to hear my voice in the little ways. Practice listening and talking to me every day. Like playing the piano, this needs constant practice. As you become proficient in the little things, you will find that I am speaking to you more and more.

I mentioned journaling yesterday. Journaling is as important when it is one short sentence as when I give you pages of conversation. It becomes easier with practice. I will help you to write it down or type it, because recording it helps it to become part of you, and you can always refer back to an entry and be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.