Pages

Saturday 27 August 2011

Telling the Story

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for the amazing quiet this morning and for hearing the first bird to wake up! Thank you for the silvering dawn and passing through the archway into full morning. Thank you for being able to walk with you and talk with you. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Welcome to the club this morning and thank you for joining us as we walk. Yes, I arranged for it to be quiet this morning so we could talk uninterrupted. There is still a great deal I have to say through you. The book is only part of it. I want you to develop this writing each morning, and turn it into a skill. I want you also to make more creative use of 'The Den' blog.

Don't try with that to be too spiritual; let me be the inspiration and let the spirit flow. Trying too hard at anything can be counter productive. That's being cerebral rather than intuitive. I want you to be switched on to me, so that the spontaneity of the Spirit can flow through you, and the preconceived ideas you have can be bypassed. It is when you think 'outside the box', that great things are achieved and great discoveries made. Helping people use the other side of their brains should be the aim of the Church, for it is with the intellectual side that all the teaching is done, which is why so many people find Church boring. It lacks the spark of life. Getting people to switch over to the left side will help them to use the spiritual interface I wired into man's being. It will help them to make real contact with me, and begin to hear and understand what I am saying to them.

There is a place for the intellectual. There is a place for study and discussion, but the gospel of Jesus does not win people for the kingdom by well developed arguments. People are won for the kingdom by love. You cannot intellectually explain why Jesus loved you so much that he gave his life for you; the only explanation is that, unbelievable as it is, He loved you even when you were a sinner and didn't love him back. This sort of love is better experienced than explained. Love has no scientific explanation. It isn't even an instinct. Love originates with me and is placed by me into mankind. Take love out of man and he becomes one of the beasts of the field. With love man is made in the image of God. That is the nearest you will get to an intellectual explanation; the rest has to be felt and experienced both at a human level and spiritually.

This is why the 'story' or testimony is so important in sharing the good news. Your story is rooted and grounded in human experience, and your reactions and responses to events in your story shows your pathway to love. Do not neglect to tell your story, and do not suppress the stories of others. Oh and by the way, I sit with those who listen, and I love to hear my children tell their story. My command to you all is to tell your story wherever you are in the world. As I have said to you before, there are no chance encounters. What seems like chance is the smooth fulfilment of a carefully planned and executed operation by me! That is why I want you to become aware of the opportunities I present you with, and use them. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.