Pages

Sunday 28 August 2011

Walking the Way

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for our time together this morning, and for listening to me as I pour my heart out to you. Help me Lord to hear your voice each day and to be faithful in all I write. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Thank you for joining us this morning and for pouring out your heart. Trust what I say to you and know that I am God. On the matter we spoke about, do not rush. I am the Lord your provider and I will accomplish what I purpose to do. Trust me.

As my children draw close to me and become attuned to my voice, there is no longer any need for me to shout my commands to them. Listen to the still small voice in your innermost being. As my children become more attentive and in tune with me, their desires become more in tune with mine. Part of hearing my voice is learning to discern what is my will. Often you will know the answer to your request before you even ask. I still want you to commit it to me but don't be surprised when you discover that my answer is what you had already discerned.

However, do not fall into the trap of thinking that all you think is from me. Everything needs testing and discerning, and this can only be successfully done by talking to me about it. Open your heart to me and discuss it with me. Sometimes I will speak to you in a way which moves you from one path or train of thought, to another. At other times I will reinforce your own thinking so that what is already going around in your mind is clearer.

Remember, when you are close to me and communicating with me each day, I am able to guide your thoughts, even when you are not thinking directly about me. If, however you are far away from me and haven't communicated with me for some time, it is harder for you to discern my thoughts. You are far more likely to be listening to the myriad other voices that flood your mind. As I showed you in the picture the other day (The Pilgrim), when you reach the crossroad, where the narrow road of life crosses the broad road that leads to destruction, the noise level rises and the distractions are great, but when you get across the road and back along the pathway of life, the natural sounds become clearer and the way plainer.

Some of the decisions of life require that, after seeking me and listening to me, there is still a decision to be made. Part of hearing my voice is being able to discern the best route, but the decision is still yours! You see, I made you a free-will, thinking person, and though I want you to learn from me, you are not always a child. I gave the angels the ability to carry out my wishes by making decisions on the spur of the moment. How much more do I want my beloved children to be able to make their own decisions, within my will!

Don't go it alone. Still involve me, but try spreading your wings. Commit your decisions to me and let me cover them with the blood of Jesus.

I am not cross when you make mistakes or when you stray. I am only cross when you deliberately go against my will, knowing that what you do is wrong. But even then, if you come to me in repentance I will help you. It saddens me when my children fall and bruise themselves, but I rejoice at every lesson they learn that brings them back on to my pathway. I love you all so much. As you trust me, step out in faith. As you try your wings of freedom, stay close to home, until you gain the confidence to venture further afield, but always stay within communication range. I am with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.