Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2011

My Spirit Filled Church

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new and beautiful day. I am so sorry when I fall short of the standard you have set. Please help me each day to grow more like Jesus and be nearer to you. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, Thank you for spending time with us this morning. We know your shortcomings and we are working all the time to help you, because we love you.

Remember your journaling can be about anything and everything we talk about. Even that which seems personal and private for you today is worth recording, so that when I have resolved it you can be encouraged and built up by the record of it. Not everything you record is necessarily for public consumption. A lot of our conversation is personal and private but it is always helpful to record it. A lot of St Paul's writing was to an errant Church. Most of those Church members would be horrified to think that every generation down the last 2000 years has read about their mistakes, but what a blessing it has been to my children. Let me be your guide.

Having someone to read through what we share together is good. It is good for the reader, and feedback is also helpful to you. I am pleased that when issues and questions have come up regarding what I have said, you have later questioned me and I have been able to clarify it for you.

Never underestimate the gifts I have given you. My Spirit knows you better than you know yourself, and distributes the gifts of the Spirit in the best possible way. If you have a gift of reading and understanding my Word then I want you to read it, understand it and share it with others. If you have the gift of empathy and feel the hurts and pains of others pray fervently for them. If you have wisdom beyond your age or discernment to recognise what is of me and what is not of me, then use those gifts as I direct.
Always be aware that you do not have all the gifts. My Spirit distributes the gifts around the Church so that all will benefit and grow. The Church is seriously in error when it expects one man or woman (the minister or priest) to be in possession of all the necessary gifts. My Church is a fellowship of believers, all of whom I have equipped for ministry. Recognise the gifts in each other, and rejoice to support each other and be fed and equipped by all the gifts as I distribute them. Never say, "I don't have this or that gift!" The Spirit often gives a gift to someone who has never manifested that gift before, because they are the person who is there and able to be a blessing at that moment. To be a prophet one day does not mean that all prophecy will be delivered by you at all times. To be used to deliver my gift of healing to a sick person does not make you the only healer. I would that all would use the gifts I give, all the time. They are not to be hogged, or guarded or made exclusive.They are distributed by the Spirit as and when they are needed. Be open to My Spirit and ready to be used, or to encourage others as My Spirit uses them.

When teaching and blessing young people, give them space to grow into the gifts and ministries I have for them. Do not despise their youth, or fear their mistakes. They will make mistakes just as you have. However, just as you have leaned by your mistakes, so will they. I am able to cover all they do so that no one is hurt or kept out of the kingdom. Indeed I will use their mistakes to glorify my name.

Remember that undergirding all the ministries of My Church, must be prayer. The prayers of righteous men and women work many miracles. This ministry may not be upfront or clearly seen by all, but it is essential and all prayer warriors should be kept informed and appreciated. Without their prayers the Church would be impoverished.

Watch out this week for the signs of My Spirit working. When you see those signs, rejoice and be glad and remember to journal them, that they may be an encouragement in the months ahead. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.