Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Time and Space

 As I have taught you, so I want you to teach others, that I am always ready to have a deep conversation with them. The concept that I am remote and uninterested or too busy, is the product of those who are ignorant of a close relationship with me. My desire is to talk with all my children every day, without restrictions. I love you all, and as a good earthly father makes time for his children, so I make time for you. Come to me and create a space where we can be together. I have already created the space for you, now it is up to you to set aside a time to come into this space and be with me. I will help you but I will not force you. You Martin, have discovered the 5 o'clock club. Others will find that I have other clubs at different hours. The hour is not important. What is important is the discipline of making the time for me each day. This requires an act of will on your part. Whatever time you set aside for me, I will be there for you, because I love you.

Two Spaces:
If you want to really hear me and have meaningful conversations it is best at first, to look at our time together as two spaces.

The first is a time for us to be together, and love each other. For you Martin this has involved your intercessions for others and sharing with me the things that are on your mind. It's good to do this first as it helps to clear the mind of all the things you feel you ought to be praying for. But it is also a time for us to catch up each day and talk about the matters that pertain to each day and the people and needs you are concerned about. As you have discovered, these are good times, when I often do the most talking, or when your mind seems to wander, but when you look back you realise it has been guided in its thought-train by me.

The second space requires discipline and a quiet place where you are not distracted or interrupted. This is the inner chamber spoken of in the Old Testament. You have found it helpful to think of yourself switching off the right side of your brain and switching on the left side. To some extent this is true. You need to lay aside the formal way of thinking, where reason is in control, and just be aware of the silence. For it is in the quiet and the stillness, when your brain isn't busy processing input, that the spiritual world, where I dwell, comes into focus, and the sounds of Heaven become more clear. This is the area of inspiration. The art of using this space is to resist the temptation of letting your mind analyse every thought, and let the images and ideas flow. Ask your questions, and see what thoughts I drop into your mind. Look with your inner eye and see what pictures I will show you, and listen with your inner ear to hear what sounds I play you.

Write it down:
Do not be afraid to write it down. As you have discovered Martin, when you begin to write down what you are seeing, hearing or thinking, you become aware of my voice, and the words begin to flow. All the prophets I have raised up over the centuries have been instructed by me to write what they are given. You have found that the daily journal of our conversations is useful to refer back to, and others find it helpful to read what we have talked about.

Don't be afraid to write down everything, for as you read it back later, I will help you make sense of it.

Share it:
Whenever I speak to my children it is relevant and important. Sometimes I speak to you personally to tell you how much I love you, or to guide you over something that is troubling you. Sometimes I give you words of encouragement or correction for others. Often I will give you words to share for the upbuilding of the church. These words I want you to share, so that all my children may be blessed. This ability to hear me speaking and record what I say is not just for a few special people to practise, somehow setting them apart from others; this is something I want all my children to engage in. I want you all to hear my voice and I want you all to be channels through which I can speak and teach. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.