Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

A Church On The Move

Lord: Since the foundation of the Earth I have established a place of sanctuary for my children. The first sanctuary was a garden I planted in the East, a place called Eden. It was there, in the beauty and tranquillity of the garden, that I walked and talked with the man I had made. It was there in the Garden that I presented him with the woman to be a companion and helper in the work I was providing for the man. They worked together and learned together. Everything they had they shared together. Eden was the nursery I created to give the man and the woman the foundation they needed, before I sent them out into the wider Earth.

It was because of sin, that I had to send the man and the woman out from the Garden before they were fully prepared. Many men and women have, down the centuries, pondered and puzzled about why I sent them forth from the Garden over so "small" a crime, suggesting I was being petty and small-minded. The reason man finds it petty and small-minded is because he lives in sin. His sin is always with him, and the more man lives in sin the more used to sin he gets and the less grievous the sin appears in his own eyes.

Committing a sin is always hard the first time. This is because I have placed in the heart of man a sense of what is right. When evil thoughts and intentions enter the mind of man, I warn him. Some call it conscience, but it is actually Me speaking directly to the heart. Because of the precious gift I have given of free-will, man has the ability to shut out my voice and make a choice, using only his own reason, or even to make a choice without reason! Once he has done this a few times it becomes easier and he begins to slide down the slippery slope. As My voice becomes fainter through being constantly shut out, sin becomes less ominous. When man walked in the light, sin was like a totally black hole. As you enter the hole and leave the light behind, the blackness appears less black and the darkness less deep. It is then the light that becomes frightening.

The deeper into the darkness man travels, the harder it is to get out, and the fainter the memory of of the light, until there comes a point when it is impossible for man to return to the light on his own. He may want to, he may even remember a little what it was like, but the thought of what he has done and how far he has sunk, becomes a barrier in itself. This is why I have made another sanctuary. This new sanctuary is the Cross of Jesus. The Cross of Jesus is planted firmly in the sin of man. Its foundations go deep into the darkness of man's heart. In fact it goes so deep, that there is no depth that a man may sink that is beyond the reach of the Cross.

Now, while the foot of the Cross reaches into the darkness of sin, the top of the Cross reaches into the heights of Heaven. How is this possible? It is possible because, although Jesus was born of a woman and therefore man, and fully human, he was conceived in My heart, and it was by the power of My Spirit that Mary conceived and bore Him. He was, and is without sin, and therefore died, not for his own sin, but for the sin of all mankind. He freely chose to die, and pay the full price of sin, for one reason only, and  that reason was LOVE.

Man is not able to turn around and make his own way back to the light. He needs help, and the only help available is Me. His fellow man cannot help, for he is equally as lost in the dark. Satan, the cause of his sin, won't help him. His intention is that man should die, wallowing in his own sin. Only I can help him, because only I am Light, and only I love him.

The Cross deals with the sin, and reaches into the depths. As Jesus died and carried man's sins into the depths, He punched a doorway into the darkness, allowing the light of His love to shine into the depths and become a beacon for man to come to. Through the Cross, and only through the Cross, the Church is able with Jesus, to reach out to the fallen and help them back into the light. There is no other way, because there is no-one that loves mankind except Me. The Cross has become the new Eden. Once firmly in the Cross of Jesus, sinful man can shed his garments of sin and be clothed in the righteousness of Jesus. Then and only then, can he begin the ascent, out of darkness and into the light.

The ascent through the Cross is a cleansing and learning experience. At first the stain of sin clings to man, but as he walks the walk, the blood flowing from Jesus' side washes away the stain. The Christian walk is that climb. It is not accomplished through human effort; it is another gift I have given man, a gift which brings him right up to the very gate of Heaven. My desire is for every man, woman and child to come to the Cross, and find in Jesus the way out of darkness and back into my glorious light.

So I say to My Church, return to the Cross of Jesus. Put your trust in Him and not in your own cleverness! Take a firm hold on the Cross and allow the blood of Jesus to wash you. Stand firm in the Word I have spoken to you and have presented to you in the Bible, and return to Me, for I am about to spew out of my mouth those who have become lukewarm.

Encourage the and help the faint-hearted, bind up the wounds of those who have fallen. Leave behind the structures and rituals that have bound you to the present darkness, and become a Church on the move! Move with Jesus towards the gate of Heaven. You know the way, it is the way of the Cross. Bring with you all who will come, and lead them to Me, for I would that My house shall be full. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.