Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Return to Me

Lord: If my Church is to have any impact in the world today they must return to some basic principles. The first is to accept that I am God, and return to me.

When I gave the children of Israel the 10 commandments, the first one was :

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

It saddens me so much that many who claim to be Christians, and have positions of trust within the church, do not believe that I am God. With their lips they say, yes, but with their actions they say, no!

Every day the second commandment is broken from dawn till dusk :

You shall not make for yourself any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth: You shall not bow down yourself to them, or serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me, and showing mercy to thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments.

In the 21st century world, there are so many gods which get in the way, and so often are placed in a place of honour in man's heart, and have become to him, more important than Me! These gods range from articles made by human hands, such as TV's, computers, cars and houses, to ideologies, fantasies, and addictions. Other human beings are often revered like gods, such as film stars, models, politicians and sportsmen and women. The worship of these other gods, is backed by a massive human invention called the popular media. For those with a weak will, the media, and the power of advertising is an almost irresistible force, which claims the lives and freedom of many thousands, especially young people, every day.

And that's only two out of ten! The second principle that My Church must return to, is an acceptance of the Bible as My true and unchangeable Word.

The scriptures in their entirety were given to the Church as their authority. Being my word, the Bible is your authenticating document, your royal commission, your qualification. My word will gain you access to places normally unreachable. But not if you yourself do not accept its authority and truth. I have not made it hard to accept it as authentic. Every day its truth is lived out and proved by countess individuals in a life-changing way. No other document has that effect on men and women of every culture across the world. No other book has stood the test of time remaining unchanged and true, and as relevant today as it was for the first Christians. No other book reveals Jesus, My beloved Son to mankind.

The third, but by no means the least, basic principle, is to place Jesus in the centre of the Gospel. In the last few years in Western Christendom, Jesus has been pushed out of the centre and replaced by statements of belief, some of which don't even mention His name! Generations are growing up who only know the name of Jesus as a swear word.

The third commandment clearly states that :

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.

Jesus, My beloved Son, bears My name, as all sons bear the names of their fathers. When you dishonour Him, you dishonour Me! If seekers are not being introduced to Jesus by the church, The church is not My Church any more. Jesus' command or commission to his disciples was to :

Go into all the world, and make disciples of all men everywhere.

A Church that looks only in on itself will crumble and die. I have given you a wonderful Gospel, good news for all men everywhere. It's all about Jesus, and it hold all the answers for all the problems of mankind.

Return to Me, and let Me set you free. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.