Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Spreading the True Gospel - Part 3

Lord: Now that the necessity for some sort of action, has been established, let's explore what happened.

Since the foundation of the earth and the heavens, man has been My central purpose. The climax of creation week was the creation of man. All that I had made was both perfect and very wonderful. But in all the things I created, I found nothing to satisfy My need to love. I loved everything I made, from the smallest particle, to the greatest star systems, from the smallest living organism, to the greatest of the creatures that have ever roamed on land, or lived in the deepest depths of the sea. I know them all by name, and I command their coming and their going. Something was still lacking, so I made a man in my own image. I placed within the man, whom I formed out of clay, the breath of life. I made him a being, capable of thinking, feeling and loving. With him, I began to share the delights of the creation I had made for him. But he rebelled against me, choosing to walk his own way, and in so doing, upset the very delicate, and finely tuned balance of creation. Something had to be done to restore the balance. Without some action, mankind would destroy himself, and all creation with him.

The man himself knew what he had done, and over the centuries, vent his anger at himself, for losing paradise, by trying everything he could think of to fill the gaping hole inside him, which was once occupied by his close relationship with Me. He tried accumulating wealth, exercising power over other people. He raped, murdered, terrorised. He tried being alone, he tried large cities, he explored the Earth, and he tried to build towers to reach into heaven. When all this didn't satisfy the aching in his soul, he sought to find truth and fulfilment in thinking, fantasy, mysticism, magic and religion. He became adapt at creating gods, to rule his life, for he realised, that without Me, he had no direction, no purpose and no satisfaction. Generations tried to find a way back to Eden, and to Me. However man could not pass the Angel, who guarded the way with his flaming sword. This may all sound like a myth, but the reality of it is more stark, than you have even begun to imagine.

When man rebelled against me, and was expelled from the Garden of Eden, a great gulf was fixed between Heaven and Earth. Its purpose was to contain sin, and confine it to the Earth, preventing it from entering into Heaven. It was also for man's good. In his fallen, sinful state, to enter the perfection and brilliance of My presence, would burn man to a cinder. That is why I could not even allow my friend Moses to see My face. For no man, can look on the face of God, and live.

As man himself is not able to put the situation right, and, as the offence was against Me, and not man, any action to redeem this situation, was down to Me. I could have walked away from man, and creation, which would have caused all things to cease to exist, or I could act and put things right. There was only one reason why I chose to make a way for man to be redeemed. That reason, was the same one that caused me to create all things: Love. Yes, even in his fallen state, I loved the man that I had made. I hate the sin, and the disobedience, I hate evil in any form, but when I made the man, he was perfect. I loved him then, and I still do. It is this force of love, the most powerful force in all of creation, that I use, to bring man back to Paradise.

A life of sin and evil causes man to become isolated and lonely. He soon becomes rejected, even by others who live in that same state of sin. Any love between sinners, can very easily become lust and craving. A form of selfishness that thinks only of personal satisfaction. The deeper man falls into this pit of sin and evil, the less love features in his existence, and the more he craves for love. The only way to reach into the depths of this prison man is in, is to reach out with love. It has to be a love that can forgive, and go beyond his present state. No other man can love him, as much as he needs loving. Because the sin is not primarily against man, no man can truly forgive him.

Therefore I had to act! I am the one, who has been sinned against, so only I can truly forgive sin. However, there is still one small problem. The direct result of sin is death. Mankind started walking down the pathway to death as soon as he cut himself off from Me. In the same way that cutting a rose bloom from its bush means that you have cut it off from its source of life, and it will surely die, so by cutting himself off from Me, man secured his own death. The result or wages, of sin is death. It is a fact of life, it is inevitable!

Just as with the rose, there is an answer, but it does require outside action. Many fruit bearing trees and plants, like roses, can with the help of a gardener, be grafted back into good rootstock. Man had cut himself off from his source of life (rootstock). There is no way for him to graft himself back in. But it is possible for Me to provide a way. That is exactly what I have done through Jesus! The Bible clearly traces My actions, as I prepared a people to receive the answer to man's sins.

By letting go of the Bible, by not teaching it and believing it, the church undermines  the gospel it is trying to promote. The New Testament, the story of Jesus, cannot be taught on its own, for its foundations are very firmly in the old Testament. Remove or undermine the Old, and the New topples over.

Tomorrow we look at what Jesus did, and how it made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.