Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Spreading the True Gospel - Part 4

Lord: Over the centuries, My chosen people had struggled with their understanding of me. For those who followed Me, and tried to live the way, I wanted them to live, the struggle was creating and maintaining laws, which prevented them from falling into the ways of their ancestors, who had roused My wrath. So intense was the struggle to maintain a status quo, from one generation to another, the origins of sin and the significance of man's fall, became lost in the mists of time. Oh yes, they had the accounts written down in the book of Genesis, and they read it and expounded it regularly. But the understanding that I was doing something about it, and was building a bridge across the great divide between Heaven and Earth, was lost to them.

Jesus, was well aware of the fall of Man, and of Noah and the Flood, and of all the events which led to the rise and fall, so many times, of the children of Israel. He not only knew about these events, but understood My part in these things, and My purpose behind them, Jesus did not believe these accounts with a blind faith. He believed them and accepted them as truth on two levels. First of all, He believed them because He received these accounts that were passed down as a part of his people's history. The events were told to each generation, without embellishment or alteration, and each generation made sure they passed it on accurately. Secondly, he believed it all because He was an eye-witness. Yes, Jesus was with me when I created all things! He was a first-hand witness to the events that led Israel to rise and fall. He testifies to this himself when he said, "Before Abraham was, I am." He was already there before Abraham; indeed he was there before Adam. He and I are one.

Every day, My heart broke, because of the sins of My children. His heart broke also. We both knew, from the very beginning, the risk of giving man free-will. We also knew the full cost of putting the situation right. But in order to achieve My purpose, which was to have man love me freely, and of his own free-will, without coercion, and without the fear of the law, someone, who does not suffer from the same condemnation as man, but who is human, must pay the price of sin.

No man born under the curse of Adam, could die for another man's sins. As man can only die once, and he was under the same condemnation; his death would only satisfy his own sin! It had to be a man who was not under that condemnation. In effect, I had to do it Myself! Jesus and I are one. I had to come and be born into a man. This is why Jesus didn't have a human father. Mary his mother was overshadowed by My Spirit, and conceived Jesus, the only man to be totally free from the sin of Adam, yet descended from him through Mary. In dying on the cross, not for his own sin, but for your sin, Jesus took away the curse, and opened a way for man to return to Me.

Now, I spoke about risk for us. The risk was not the pain of death. Nor was it the pain of being separated from Me, as He carried your sin away. It was the risk that, even after such an act of love, man would not accept it, and continue in his rebellion and sin. Remember that gift I gave man, when I breathed into him the breath of life? Free-will! I have not withdrawn that gift. Mankind still has the choice to turn to me, repent of his sin and follow in the way I lead him, or to reject me and continue on his on own way.  Of course, he has always had that choice, but the big difference now, is that Jesus has paid the price for his sin and in so doing, has opened the bridge between Heaven and Earth. That bridge is the Cross on which He died. That Cross has meaning, that is firmly planted in the soil of Eden. It was a pointless gesture, if man had not sinned. If Eden is a Myth, then so is sin, and the Cross has no foundation. My church must accept that My word, the Bible is true, and return to teaching it, and proclaiming the whole gospel. The gospel of Jesus, as the Saviour of Man from Sin, is the best news any man, woman or child, can hear. Every man woman and child, whatever their background and former beliefs, has the free-will to receive Jesus, and all the benefits of the Cross. Once received, no-one has the right to take it away. In these days, men and women everywhere, in every nation under heaven, not only need to hear the good news, but want to receive some good news, in this world of collapsing economies, falling standards, hatred and violence.

Why is the gospel good news? because it brings love, into a loveless world, and love changes lives. I am Love, and from the moment I created man, I loved him. I still love him in spite of all the sin and evil he has been involved with. I hate the sin, but I love the sinner.

    Tell My people I love them.
    Tell My people I care.
    When they feel far away from Me,
    Tell My people, I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.