Pages

Saturday 25 June 2011

The Prophet and Prophecy

Me:    Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for giving me this new day. I love you Lord.

Lord:    Good morning son. I love you too. Thank you for your company this morning and for spending time listening to me as we walked.

Prophecy
I want to talk to you about the prophetic today. Those who speak my words to their fellow men are mainly preachers and teachers. My words can be found written down by others in the scriptures and in the New Testament. The ministry of the preacher and teacher is special in that it makes those words more easily understood, and interprets them for today. Often the preacher speaks a prophetic word. however, in general, the ministry of the prophet is different.

In the Old Testament you will find that certain people were set aside to be prophets. These were not usually the scribes or teachers of the law, but those whose ministry was specifically prophetic. The prophetic word is a word from me, spoken into a specific situation or to a specific person. It is not a general word that can be applied to any age or situation, but a word for the NOW! It can include the word that speaks of tomorrow or some time in the future, but should not be mistaken for fortune or future telling. A prophetic word, even those that look into the future, are specifically given at a time in history I determine. They always speak to the Now in some way. They are directive, in that they are given to be acted upon or used as preparation. They are often given for individuals, but mostly for groups, and sometimes are even general, for a nation.

Because they come from me they can always be checked against the scriptures which are also my word. I do not contradict my own word. It may however be in contradiction to commonly accepted interpretations of scripture, in which case go back to the original and re-look at what that means.

Prophets and the word of prophecy carry my authority. In the past, the prophets were sought after by kings and rulers. They weren't always followed or believed, but the prophet had access to the king. Today I still give rulers and monarchs access to the prophetic and still bring prophets into the presence of the high and mighty, but rulers today are as stubborn as at any time in the past.

The word of prophecy is given to those whom I have anointed to carry that word. Prophets are not fortune tellers, so they don't go into a trance or 'get taken over'. The prophet is anointed by Me and filled with my Holy Spirit. The word can come to him or her as a word burning on their heart to be given, or as a picture where the meaning is clear to the seer, or it can come in a dream of the night. If it comes before it has to be given it gives the prophet a chance to pray about it and pray for the recipient, before the word is given. Sometimes it is given when needed without pre-amble or warning. However the word comes, it carries my authority, and should be treated by all with respect.

In the days to come the prophetic word will be heard more often. More and more I want to use those who are close to me, to deliver my words to those around them. This is not to be a 'controlling thing', but an act of love, brother to brother, sister to sister.

Encourage one another to wait upon  me and listen to my words. Encourage one another to receive  the words I give, either though them or through others. Encourage the use of journaling what I say to the individual, and discerning what is to be shared and what is personal.

I love all my children and desire to speak to them clearly of things that make for their good. Oh that you would open your spiritual ears to hear my voice, that I may speak through you all. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.