Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Trust in Me

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new and lovely day.  I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, Thank you for joining us this morning and for your worship. I love you.

Trust in Me
Yesterday we talked about asking and receiving. This morning I want to talk to you about trusting me. I am addressing my church, so when I refer to you I mean any who dare to receive this word. I want all my children to ask anything of me, and receive my answer. I am always more ready to give to you than you are to receive! The reason for your difficulty in receiving is that you don't really trust in me. For too long you have been listening to the empty words of the world. The wisdom of men is not to be trusted, because it's all mixed up with greed, self-deceit and the lies of Satan.

My word is rooted and grounded in the eternal love I have for all my creation. I cannot lie and I am all knowledge. What I share with you is truth, and that truth is like a rock, that stands fast, even when all around is shifting with the tide and the wind of change. Trusting me is like hearing a voice through the fog. You may not see my face, or even my outstretched hand, but you can hear my voice, and you have my recorded word in the Bible. Turn towards my voice and reach out your hand to me. You may not be able to see me, but I can see you, and as you reach out to me, I will take hold of your hand and guide you.

Trust is built on experience, but it starts with a step of faith. It's that turning to me in the fog that I talked about, but from that point on, it is the experience of hearing and recognising my voice. Knowing that I was reliable last time, it follows that I will surely be reliable this time, and the next time. Sometimes, even after you have started trusting me, a new experience will come along and require a further step of faith. Each step is slightly harder than the last step. However, just as a staircase takes you onward and upward, so each step of trust takes you upward and nearer to me.

I love my children to trust me for everything, and I recognise that sometimes it is hard, especially when the world is shouting loudly that you are wrong to trust in me. I know that it will often take several attempts, but when you fully trust me you can't go wrong. The sort of trust I want you to have in me is the quiet strong trust that two lovers have for each other.

I want to leave you this thought: Even though you are sinful and often faltering, even though you often let me down, I trust you with the gospel of my Son Jesus. How much more can you trust me, who will never let you down? I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.