Pages

Sunday 12 June 2011

You are My Witnesses

Lord:   There is much I still have to teach you and share with my people. much of it is obvious, but it needs to be said afresh to this generation.

I began yesterday with Love. That is your starting point. Love as I have loved you. Allow me to love others through you. Jesus said "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven." Matthew 5.16. Your light is your love. As you love one another your whole being shines with a divine light. The reason for this is that I am love and I am the light of the world. When you love I shine through you. The good deeds or works spoken of in Matthew is not a perfect translation of the true meaning. A more accurate translation would be along these lines: "Let the light of your love shine so brightly, that others may be drawn into the light and see the right pathway ahead, and so too, become the children of your Father in Heaven."

Witness 
Let us now look at the next step. My love causes you to begin to love others and that in turn puts within your heart a burning desire that those others should also know me and believe. Everyone loves a good story, especially a true one. Therefore telling your faith story is a powerful way to light up the pathway. Many people try to get out of this by saying to themselves; "My story is too personal to share with strangers, they may laugh at me!" This is an excuse that is born out of a lack of love. If you love me, and your story is about how much I love you, then you have a burning desire that others will love me too. This is the beginning of love for those others. It is not so hard to tell those you really love what is on your heart. Just as your heart leaps with joy when others tell their faith story, so it is when you tell your story.

In a court of law a witness is called to tell, "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth." A witness is not called to persuade or convince the jury, but to tell it how it is. In sharing your faith story or testimony, all you need to do is to tell it how it is. You can then leave the persuasion to the Holy Spirit. You need not worry about what to say because the Holy Spirit is very good at bringing to your remembrance the things that are relevant. Having told your story it is time to leave it. No further arguments, explanations or excuses are necessary. It is now the work of the Holy Spirit to persuade, convince or convert. Is is an act of great love and trust to entrust your story to others. It is my work to protect that story from abuse. That is why I have promised that when anyone confesses me before men, I will confess them before my Heavenly Father. In other words, both I and my Father delight in your story and bring blessing through it. Witness is a vital part of kingdom growth, but it must be born out of love. Jesus said to those who loved him; "You are my witnesses, go and tell your story everywhere, so that all men might hear it and come to me." Do not be afraid for I am with you. I shall be with you in every word you speak for me, and you shall see the fruit of your labour. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.