Pages

Monday 13 June 2011

Prayer Talk

Lord:    There is much still to tell you as things begin to get busy in readiness for my great outpouring. Please be here each morning for me to share with you, then post it on the blog as I direct you.
 
Prayer
Over the past two days we have looked at Love, and sharing your story or witness. Now I want to move on to prayer. I have spoken much with you about prayer over the years, and like the other subjects much of it may seem obvious, but your relationship with me is so important to me that prayer, our means of conversation, must be both natural and regular. I cannot get to know my children if they shut themselves off from me and refuse to speak to me. Neither can I be heard or understood if my people will not listen to me.

Prayer is not the privileged domain of a few select people. Prayer is the conversational language of people who love my company and want to talk. I do not lay down rules for prayer. You don't have to follow a particular pattern or use set prayers. In fact I would prefer that you allowed my Spirit to lead your prayer by guiding the conversations. Pray what is on your heart. You cannot shock me, for I know everything. Share your innermost concerns, worries, joys and fears. Then let me take each of these and deal with them for you. Nothing is too trivial for me to be interested in and nothing is too big for me to deal with. I am your Heavenly Father, and just as you delight to do things for your children, so I delight to do things for you. Jesus told you to ask, and it would be given to you. I want you to ask. Now this is not an asking for wealth and possessions, for I have already told you that I am the Lord you provider. I always provide as much as my children need. When they stay close to me that is easy, as they are near to the table and can come running back with ease.

What I want you to ask for is for the equipment, training and insight you need, to be doing my will. Pray for guidance: who to pray for, how to meet another's need, how to use the gifts I pour out on you so as to benefit others. Never be slow in bringing both your healing needs and the needs of others to me, for I am the Lord that heals you, and I delight in doing it.

Let love be the driving force behind your prayers. I am Love, and my desire is that all men and women everywhere should come to me and be a part of my Kingdom. If you love me, that should be your desire also, so pray for a turning to me. Pray for those you know who do not yet know me. Pray for those I have called to be my prophets and evangelists to this generation. You cannot pray too much. If Love is the most powerful force in the universe, then prayer is the oil that lubricates love and allows it to flow freely where it is needed.

Do not be afraid to be personal in prayer. I want to get to know you and I want you to get to know me. Most of the prayer I have spoken of so far has been proactive prayer. It has been about your asking, your loving, your requests etc. There is another side to prayer which is more about listening and absorbing, which I will speak with you about again.

As a child you are taught to pray certain prayers at certain times, usually before you go to sleep. This is to instil within the young mind a pattern, a habit, of spending time with me. This is good but if left at that becomes an aimless ritual. As a child grows, prayer should also grow, and children need to be taught to pray as they are taught about me. Because this has so often not been the case, teaching on prayer is vital for adults. Encourage Christian fellowships and groups to engage in teaching about prayer. This is of course best done in the context of prayer. Allow me to be the teacher, because I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.