Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

Spirit Led Church

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day that you have made. Please help me to discern the meaning of the Dream last night.

Dream: I was about to take a service in St. John's Church, Harpenden, but the altar and sanctuary were piled high with boxes and packing material. I spent some time trying to clear the area so we could hold the service, but people came in for the service, and when they saw the mess they left. Eventually it was cleared, but there were only a very few people left in the building. David Pinkney and others from the past came in and I gave him a hug. As I turned back to look down the church I saw there were people already worshipping. I went to join them. As I did so, I knew there was no need for a worship leader, but that we were all equal together.

Me: Lord please show me the meaning.

Lord: St. John's Church represents for you the traditional Church. It was where you grew up spiritually and where you felt secure and at home. You always liked the tidy order of the sanctuary, where the rite could be performed and where there was no doubt what was happening or what would come next.

In reality the sanctuary was filled with packing and trimmings The real rite was not taking place there, but in the hearts of the congregation. In order for Church, worship, and the gospel to really mean anything, the meaningless clutter has to be got rid of. Now, about this clutter. I showed it to you as packing because that is what it was, packing that has helped to protect the Gospel message from decay and distortion, through the years of neglect and lack of understanding.

Of course, getting rid of all that had become so much a part of church life, is going to make people leave. What has become the 'status quo' has been disrupted! It is only when those who hold so dearly to the 'packing' have left, that the real clearing out can progress and reach its conclusion.

David Pinkney, and those from the past, represent the true faith as you were taught it, the full gospel and the true worship we all enjoyed in those days of The Group. I am not going to bring The Group days back; they have gone and that moment has passed. But My Spirit, that led and guided in the days of The Group, is the same Spirit that is leading the New Church into the 21st century.

The establishment and all denominations will change beyond recognition! Structures will crumble and fall as the faithful abandon them and come to me. The New Church, which will rise out of the dust, will worship me with a clean and pure heart. There will be no ministers, priests or bishops as the world knows them; every man will know the Lord and teach his neighbour. I shall be in the midst of them. They shall be my people and I shall be their God.

My call to my people is to pray in the Kingdom. Gather in my harvest. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.