Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Language of the heart

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for our walk and your company. Thank you for listening to all my ramblings and concerns and for the wonderful peace you give me when I have unloaded it. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Welcome to the club this morning and thank you for your company. I love to listen to your ramblings. I always love it when my children talk to me out of their hearts. I would rather hear one faltering prayer from the heart than an hour of prayers written by another. The prayer from the heart doesn't need to be well composed or even coherent, I know what you are saying because I read your heart.

That is why praying in tongues is so helpful. You don't need an accurate word for word translation, as long as it flows from your innermost being. Think of it a bit like a computer. You can feed into the keyboard your English words and symbols, but inside the message is racing around the chips in a totally different language. Were you able to slow it down to a speed you could decipher it you would still not understand it unless you first learn to decode, or interpret it. The language of the heart is a spiritual language that is used in Heaven. You can feel it, and understand it, but you don't actually need to run it through the intellect or language centre in your brain to understand it. You only need to do that if you want to describe it to another person. Like the language of love it needs no words. This is why the good news about salvation is universal. You don't need to be a great intellectual to receive it, and often the highly intellectual person finds it hard to receive, because it doesn't always conform to human understanding and knowledge.

You will remember from your childhood a saying that was very common: 'Feelings ain't Facts.' Well I want to tell you that feelings are a very important part of the language of love and the Kingdom. I gave man the ability to feel. I also gave him another sense which the world calls instinct. Nine times out of ten what you think of as instinct is a spiritual nudge from me. Learn to discern what is from me, and don't be afraid to ask me. There are so many gifts and abilities I have given to mankind that still lie dormant because he has grasped knowledge above life. Knowledge does not give life, but living life brings knowledge. The tree of Life was more important than the tree of Knowledge. Choose Life!

So, pray your prayers from the heart. Don't be concerned about their composition or beauty, just pour them out to me. I love to hear them and I honour and hold precious, every prayer from the heart, prayed by anyone. Listen to the prayers of others, and hear in them the love that wells up from the heart, and be glad that your Heavenly Father hears, through the tears and the sighs. He hears through the pain and the hurt, and he alone reaches into that secret place and delivers healing, warmth and comfort. Open the door to let his love in. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Whoever opens the door of their heart to me, will find I come in, and with My Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit, we make our dwelling within you. Why? Because we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.