Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

The Gifts of My Spirit

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new and beautiful morning. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Welcome to the 5 O'clock Club this morning and thank you for joining us on our tour of the estate. We love you too.

I want you all to get to know My Spirit, for in the days to come you are going to need My Spirit with you all the time, working closely with you, and directing your pathway. It is through My Spirit that you are able to take up the battle cry Jesus is Lord! Let My Spirit be in your speaking. Commit every word you say to me and let My Spirit put the words into your mouths. As you allow the Spirit to speak through you, you will begin to notice the prophetic nature of your words. It is the prophetic word, the word from me, that will break down the barriers the Evil One has built up, that keep the children of men from hearing me speak to them. The prophetic word will smash through those barriers and speak comfort to those who tremble and are afraid.

It is My Spirit who gives you all the gifts and tools that you need in ministry. It is My Spirit who equips you to walk the Christian walk. Out of my store house He gives the very latest and most advanced tools to help you break down the works of the Evil One, and build up and strengthen the faint hearted.

It is through My Spirit that I dispense wisdom and knowledge. Notice how I group those two gifts together! Wisdom gives you the ability to use knowledge and to discern truth. When mankind stretched out his hand and took the fruit of the tree of knowledge, he acted without wisdom. Wisdom helps you to use and understand knowledge. The gifts that I give through My Spirit are very special and the wisdom I give is not worldly wisdom, but divine. Into a specific situation I will drop a word of wisdom or a work of knowledge. Use them carefully and in a timely way. By that I mean use them when I direct. Speak into the appropriate moment, for my words are spoken into the 'now!' An undue delay can mean that the word loses its power, because the moment has passed. So exercise wisdom as you speak the word of knowledge.

My Spirit also distributes the gift of faith. Now here I am not speaking of the faith to believe in Jesus, although that is also given by me. No, this is a specific gift, given by My Spirit to those who already believe in me. It gives to the receiver the ability to hold on and believe for, the things he cannot see, the things others hold as impossible. That is why I am linking faith with  gifts of healing. One of the reasons the church does not see as much healing as I want to perform, is that it lacks the faith to ask! I want all my children to have the faith to ask me, and to believe that I hear every prayer, for it is when the church believes that I am Almighty, that miracles and healing follow.

Healing is a special gift. Those who deliver the gift of healing exercise faith, while not being the recipient. The gift is specifically for another, the one who needs healing. It is wrong to think of one person as a healer. Jesus is the healer, the Holy Spirit is the bearer of the gift, and one with faith delivers it. Sometimes it requires faith on the part of the receiver, but that is unusual. The main requirement of the one to be healed is that they are open to the love offered as the gift is given.

The ability to speak in other tongues and to interpret them is also a gift of My Spirit. Once again this should not be confused with the natural ability to speak in foreign languages. Speaking in tongues is directly related to speaking My Word. It may be used in prayer, or to deliver prophecy or wisdom, or on rare occasions it may be used to preach to a congregation who speak a different language. The gift of interpretation is specific to prayers and words given in tongues, and is not just the ability to translate other languages.

I want to deal lastly with distinguishing between spirits. The western world has largely ignored the spiritual realm for so long now, that it has forgotten that there is a battle going on all the time between good and evil. This battle takes place in the spiritual realm, because there are spirits of evil as well as the Spirit of God. Many things are spoken and done, not by the Spirit of God, but by the Spirit of Darkness. He can be very hard to distinguish because so much of what he says is lies that tickle the fancy. Some of his lies are what people think they want to hear. Distinguishing  the spirits is therefore a vital tool for all believers. When a voice inside you says, "Hey, hang on, that doesn't feel right," that is the moment to stop and re-evaluate the situation. You may think that sounds like conscience. Well it is. I put man's conscience there in the first place when I breathed into him the breath of life, so the God shaped bit of man responds to the gift of My Spirit.

In the coming months as I work in the world, all the gifts which My Spirit has distributed amongst believers will be needed. Accept them thankfully and learn from me how to use them. They all require an element of faith to use, but I have already supplied you with enough to use what I am giving. Be bold be strong, and be courageous. I am with you, Jesus is with you, the Holy Spirit is with you. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.