Pages

Friday 30 September 2011

In His Service

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for giving me this new day. Thank you for the stars that shine so brightly and for the promise of warm sunshine and another beautiful Autumn day. I Love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Thank you for joining us this morning and for your company on our walk.  We love you too.

Walking in the centre of my will is not always being in the front line of battle. As any army advances there are always the support services that work quietly behind the lines feeding, clothing, and dressing the wounds of those engaged on the battle front. Those who work in those support services are just as important as the army itself. As my army advances I to employ the services of untold numbers of support service personnel. These loved ones are right in the centre of my will for them, and I need them to be working as I direct, in order for the work of the kingdom to progress.

I want all my children young and old, male and female, to seek my guidance as to where they should be and what they should be doing. I don't need everyone to be eyes or everyone to be a voice, for there are many other functions the body has to perform. There are also times when even those in the front line have time to sit, eat and take their rest.

Once you were slaves to sin. Sin never gives rest, it is always present and is a harsh taskmaster. But now you are free and belong to me. I require righteousness, but I also pour out my grace. I do not drive my loved ones into the ground, I raise them up and give them strength. Under sin you lived in fear, with me you have joy unspeakable and love freely given.

Do not be discouraged when things go quiet, rest and build up your strength. Feed on my word, encourage one another. Remain watchful and open for I work suddenly and unexpected. There will be times when you feel as though you have been thrown in the swimming pool at the deep end, and there will be times when you are paddling around in the shallows. Stay close to me and you will know what is in my will and when you step out of it. Not all busy-ness is necessarily where I want you to be. Often being busy distracts you and keeps you from the real task. Watch and pray, lest you fall into the temptation to be worldly busy. When I give you busy-ness I will also give you all the tools you need and follow it up with great blessing as the work of the Kingdom progresses.

As you continue along the pathway with me you will find that I lead you into different phases and ministries during your walk. Some are front line some are support, some are working with the young and some with the old. Just because I bless one part of your ministry with great success and then move you into an apparently less active or 'successful' field, doesn't mean you are not where I want you to be. It is a good thing that you are not always aware just how effective you are, else you would become arrogant and proud. One day you will see clearly just what I have done through you, and you will be amazed that the most effective times are the times when you feel low or ineffective.
   
So, stay close to me and let our relationship develop as I guide you. Be content to be who you are and the person I made you. leave the finding of 'work' for you to do in the Kingdom to me. I am the Lord your provider. This way you will find fulfilment and satisfaction. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.