Pages

Sunday 4 December 2011

Lay Your Burdens at My Cross

Me: Good Morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day you have made. Thank you for always being here for me. I love you.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Thank you for joining us this morning. You know I am always here for you, no matter what time of the day or the night.

Whenever my children need me, I am there for them. I am often accused of not being there, and as a result someone dies, just like on the occasion of the death of Lazarus! Even my very good friend, who knew me so well, said, "If you had been here my brother would not have died!" I want to assure you all that no-one suffers or dies in this world alone. I am always there with them, as they go through the depths, or as they pass over. You may not be aware of me, but that is usually because you are not tuned into me. No one passes into life after life, alone. Nor can I be accused of not knowing the suffering of man. I feel every sadness, pain and anguish every man, woman and child feels. The big difference is that, though they feel it only for a time, I feel it for all eternity!

This is the reason the Cross of Jesus is so important to mankind, for it was on that hideous cross that I suffered all, yes all, the pains and sufferings of mankind in every age, from Adam to the end of time. I suffered it all, in order to take it away from you! That is why I want you all to lay your sin and all your sufferings there at the foot of the Cross, and to leave them there. They are no longer yours, but mine! I want you to walk on from the Cross, unburdened and free, so that you can enter into life. I don't offer it for tomorrow, but for today, for now. There is no reason why anyone, reading this word, should walk away from me still burdened by sin. Lay down your burden now at the foot of my Cross!

I hear your cry to me, "How Lord? How do I lay it down when I have carried it so long?" Dear one, it is simple. Confess that sin, tell me about it and don't hold back. I will not be shocked or surprised; I already know about it! But you need to confess it before me and repent. With the realisation that sin is clinging to you, comes the desire I give you, to be free of it. However hard you shake and wriggle, it clings to you and you will soon realise that you need the help of Someone Else. That is the moment of repentance, when you cry out, "Help me!" At that moment Jesus, my beloved Son, steps down from the Cross and removes the burden from you, taking it on his own shoulders. You never need to carry it again, once He has taken it away.

The Cross of Jesus has been the salvation of millions of ordinary men, women and children, from every nation, tribe and people, down the last 2,000 years. It still has the same power it had on the day of the Crucifixion, and Jesus is still there in the world with you, lifting burdens and carrying all your sins and sufferings. No one dies alone, and no one suffers alone. I am with you always, right to the close of the age!

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.