Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

Love, even the Sinner!

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for giving me this new day. Thank you for your love and goodness which you have poured out in great abundance. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Thank you for joining us this morning and for your company. We love you too.

Gather around my children and let me teach you.

First of all I want you to be still before me and acknowledge that without me you are nothing. All you have is mine, and I have given it to you. In spite of all your efforts, there is nothing you have ever done or said that would warrant any special treatment or advantage. Before Me all men and women are equal, regardless of their birth, worldly knowledge or wealth. I do not regard race, gender or class. From dust I created man and to dust he will return. Be still and ponder these things, for until you fully grasp this truth, you cannot begin to understand the appalling arrogance of mankind, in assuming he has any standing at all in the larger scheme of things!

Now add sin to the equation of your thoughts, and you will, if you are honest, realise that I should have exterminated mankind thousands of years ago, and started again! What was it that caused me to try to redeem what I had made?

The answer is held in a simple four letter word: LOVE. Yes, I was in love with my own creation! That is not surprising really because I invested a lot of love into creation, and especially into mankind. I even breathed my own breath into him, so that he would become a living being like me! This presented me with a problem! There is no place near me where sin can abide. Anything that comes into my presence must be pure and holy, yet I love mankind, whom I have made and I want him to be able to draw near to me! You see my problem!

The only way to solve this problem was to deal with sin once and for all, and release mankind from its bondage. Oh, I could have clicked my fingers and made man only do what what is righteous and true, but then he would have been doing the right thing because I made him do it, and not through his own choice! The thing I loved about mankind was that he has the potential and ability to love me back of his own freewill, and that is what I wanted. I wanted man to love me as freely as I love him.

As nothing sinful can exist in my presence, and all sinners would die, even before they saw my face, I needed a way for them to die before they got to that stage, and then to be made alive again without sin! The only way they could be made alive again was if they had died without sin! Oh dear! "All men have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23.

Then it became evident that the only way this would work, was if I was to become a man, and live a human life without sin. I knew full well, that sinful man would be appalled at any form of purity or goodness, and would seek to kill it. So the Man, Me would die, but not because of my own sin, because I don't have any! This would mean that, just as one man, Adam, caused sin to enter mankind, so one man, the Man, Me, would carry on my shoulders all the sin of mankind. Yes, all the sin of mankind in every age and time! I would then place that burden of sin once and for all in the lake of fire, to be destroyed.

Because I am without sin, death would not be able to hold me, and I would come back to life again. This would then provide a way for sinful mankind, of his own free-will, to accept what I had done and lay his sin at the foot of My Cross. He can do this by confessing and renouncing all his sin, and receiving my forgiveness. Then, leaving the burden at the foot of the Cross, he can move on into my presence, not in his own righteousness, but clothed in my righteousness. Oh how I long for all men to embrace what I have done for them. How I long for you to run into my outstretched arms and look into my face without fear. Oh how I love you. Please make my love complete by loving me back!

Children, as you celebrate Christmas this year remember why I came to Earth, to be born a helpless child in a lowly manger. I did it all because I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.