Pages

Monday 19 December 2011

Receive and Act!

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for allowing me to walk with you this morning and for all the love you show to me. I love you Lord.

Lord:
Good morning son. Welcome to the club this morning. Thank you for your company on our walk and for sharing your concerns with us. Know that I am with you always and that I love you.

I have spent many sessions with you, talking about listening to me, and staying close to me. Remember all I have said to you and keep them always at the forefront of your mind. Hearing my word is the key to the next stage, which is 'Action!"

I had a servant once who was rather good at hearing my word. One day I asked him to go to Nineveh with a message for the people there. Yes, his name was Jonah! Jonah was a good man at heart and, as I said, he was rather good at listening to me. But he was also rather timid and he got scared when I wanted to send him to Nineveh. He was scared of what those wicked people would do to him. He hadn't learned the basic lesson, in spite of all his listening to me. That basic lesson is trust in me! I never send anyone to do my will on their own! With everyone who hears my command to go, and goes, I send an angel. Even though the receiver may not like the message and be very angry about it, the messenger is protected. Jonah had only to trust in me.

You know the story well, of how he ran the other way, and how I brought him back, and deposited him on the shore closest to the great city. He was very grumpy all the way there. He was angry with the wicked people of Nineveh, that they had pulled him from his comfort zone, and the more blame he heaped on them, the more he wanted me to carry out my threat of destruction! It wasn't long before he forgot, that the whole point of prophecy is to turn the hearts of the hearers, so that they change direction and repent! Which is what happened. Instead of rejoicing with me, he went into a sulk. But I still love him, and he did learn the lesson I was teaching him.

The point of the story is that Jonah eventually acted and did what I first commanded him to do. “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, ....

Whenever I command my people to do something, I expect action! Any leader or person in command expects those under him to obey his commands. Messengers and couriers especially, are expected to deliver to the addressee the package or letter sent!  The patriarchs and prophets of the Old Testament who heard my voice did as I directed, and thus the history of my chosen people unfolded. When the Church was born, through Jesus, I commanded them to go into all the world and preach the gospel. They were very slow on the uptake, seeing the whole world as only Israel, their safe comfort zone! In order to get them moving, I had to intervene and give them a push! Many time over the centuries I have had to put my boot in and kick the Church into action again, as the tendency is to sit back and leave action to others!

When I first chose Israel and allowed the building of the temple in Jerusalem, it was intended that my chosen people should become a funnel through which the nations of the world would come back to me. The temple was to be the neck of the funnel where all their sins and wickedness were left behind, and they passed through into my presence. When that plan failed, and my chosen people themselves became a blockage to the nations, Jesus built His Church. The Church is now the funnel and the Cross has replaced the temple.

Today however, the Church institutions have become a stumbling block and often a locked gateway, preventing the unsaved from drawing close. Too many Christians, even those who hear my voice, sit back and expect others to act. Children, this is not what I want, nor intended. When I speak a word to you, old or young, male or female, I expect action to follow hearing! Do not be afraid, for I never send my children into danger they cannot handle, nor do I send them alone. I am with you always and my angels are sent to guard you.

These days are exciting days and in these days I am working in mighty power. This generation will not pass away before I have accomplished my great work. Listen to my voice and obey my commands, and know that I am with you always, even to the end of the age. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.