Pages

Monday 26 December 2011

Rebuild My Temple

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for all the joy of the Nativity and for a lovely day yesterday. Keep us Lord in the centre of your will, that we may do what is right and pleasing in your sight. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Thank you for joining us this morning and for walking with us, I love you too.

This is what the Lord the Almighty says to the leaders and people of the nation:

I want you to give careful thought to all your actions and all your deeds. Over the past seven decades of peace you have planted more grain than any nation before you, yet, for all your work, you have harvested little. In those decades your food has been more plentiful than ever before in history, so that even the poor are well fed. Although you feed until you become gross and bloated, you never seem to have enough. You consume more fine wine and exotic drinks than the kings of old ever even dreamed of, yet you are never satisfied, or have your fill. You clothe yourselves in the finest garments, and nothing is too grand for you, yet you are never warm, or grand enough. Even your most modest wardrobe is grander than that of the kings and princes in days gone by, yet you are not kings, nor are kings or princes mindful of you! Individually you receive wages and bonuses, that would have amounted to the GNP of a whole nation in the years of your forefathers. Yet you place it in purses with holes in, and you invest in the folly of bankers, and with fools!

This is what the Lord Almighty says to you:

Give careful thought to your ways, for I am calling you to give an account of your stewardship! Give thought to why I have poured out upon you such riches and luxuries. Now look upon the temple of your heart. Your heart was given to you to be my temple, the place where I, the Lord your God, might dwell within you. How hard it is for me to enter that temple within you, while it is filled with the loathsome idols of greed, selfishness and lust!

My house shall be called 'A house of prayer for all the nations', and your hearts must become 'the temple of the Holy Spirit!'

The time has come my children, for a cleansing and rebuilding project. For if I am to heal and save you as a nation, My temple must be established in the midst of you.

See how I have blown away with the breath of my mouth, the idols that you have so long worshipped. They are gone like ash blown by a draught, like leaves caught by the autumn wind! The wealth of the nation, built on the greed of men, I have scattered. The harvest of the carelessly scattered seed I have ruined, and the fine silks and suits of wool and cotton I have handed over to moths! I have called for a deluge to cleanse the once fertile land, and for drought to dry up the flowing rivers, that water the ground. I have called upon the four winds to blow upon the Earth and I shake even the tallest mountains and the deepest seas. Man-made dynasties are falling, and rulers shake with fear. These calamities that I have rained upon the Earth, will remain, until my temple is rebuilt in your hearts, and my word is sown freely upon the Earth.

Stop building your own houses and lining your own beds. Turn back to me and rebuild in your hearts the temple of the Lord the Holy Spirit. Gather the stones of prayer and the timber of My word. Collect the fabric of righteousness and the gold and silver of generosity and love. Build and furnish My temple that it may be a palace for King Jesus to sit. Bring Him your offerings, the first fruits of your praise and worship, for He alone is worthy to be praised, for by His blood, shed on the Cross, He has set men free from the bondages of sin.

The time for secrecy is over, the time of the great conspiracy of silence, is past. The fiery dragon of fear has been overcome by your Saviour. Rise up, men and women of God, and build God's temple in your hearts.  Proclaim with a loud voice, "Jesus is Lord!" Let the arches of Heaven resound with your shouts of praise.

No more shall my people be ruled by the god of money, or silenced by the god of political correctness. I am the Lord your provider. I have placed My Word in your mouth, for you to speak without let or hindrance. "I am the Lord your God, you shall have no gods before me!" I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.