Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

Let Me, Light your Path.

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this crisp new day. Thank you for all your love and blessings poured out on us each day. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Welcome to the club this morning. Thank you for joining us on our walk and for our conversations together. We love you too.

I want you, my children, to walk in the light. You shall always be able to tell which is the right road to walk down, for it is the road that follows the light. I am Light and in me there is no darkness at all. The road to Hell is broad and straight but very dark. Occasionally along that road there are large noisy buildings lit with bright neon signs which spread a pool of light on the dark road. They draw the unwary towards their open doors, towards all the distractions of the world, the flesh and the devil.

My way is so different, for although it is a narrow path, when you walk the walk with me you will find that my light shines bright and clear on the road ahead. When you move forward with me, the path ahead comes into my light as we walk along. Stay with me and you will never again walk in the dark. I will always be a light for your path and a lantern for your feet.

The road to Hell has many dark places, and shadows track the unwary traveller. A constant chill comes off the road. It is a place of dark imaginings and strange and evil sounds. Stay clear, and do not look at the brightly lit doors and windows, for few who are drawn into their brightness ever find the road out.

When you walk with me, in the safety of my light, you will never be hungry or thirsty again. You will draw closer each day to the Eternal City that is prepared for you. The singing and revelry behind the doors of sin may sound warm and attractive, but the cost is huge and repayment eternal! On my pathway we sing all the time, and we are filled with joy in each others' company. On my pathway, in my company, your shoes never wear out and all your clothing protects you from the weather. I carry all you need for the journey, and we can stop and rest whenever you need to. However, the nearer you draw to the Holy City the less you will need to stop and rest, for the river of life flows fast and strong from My throne, and gives life wherever it flows.

When you walk close to me, my light soaks into you and others see my light seeming to shine from you. You become like a mirror, reflecting my glory into the dark places along the road. Let that light from me shine through you and draw others into my light, that we may walk along the road together. I want my church, the people who are called by my name, to outshine the bright distractions of sin and lust, so that those who sit in darkness, or who are walking down the wide path do destruction, may be drawn into My light, and turn from their pathway to follow the way of light and life.

When Jesus came into the world 2,000 years ago, a new light shone after centuries of darkness. The world has been a much brighter place since then. I want now, to turn the brightness up, for once again the gloom is spreading and even some of the elect are falling into the gloom. I want you to shine brightly for me and become beacons of hope in your corner of the world. I love you. Shine for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.