Pages

Friday 29 January 2010

Raise a Banner for Christ

2010
Friday, 29 January
04:59:13


Me: Good Morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for giving us this new day. I praise you Lord, for being you, and thank you for making man in your image. I Love you Lord.

Time of praise based on Psalms 133 to 137

Lord: Good morning son, welcome to the 5 o'clock club, Thank you for your praise.

I want to talk to you about mission today. The biggest problem with the word Mission is that it has been applied by so many, to mean something it isn't. The Mission of the Church is to proclaim Jesus Christ and Him crucified. It is about speaking the Good News so that all who hear it are left in no doubts about the destructive nature of sin and man's need to repent before me, and receive the forgiveness I am offering. It's about leading the repentant sinner to Jesus, and He will do the rest. Missions are making that possible. Mission is not about bums on seats, or about 'growing the church'. Mission is about Jesus and Salvation. As soon as the focus is moved from Jesus, the power goes out and it becomes no more than an average event. Churches do not need a mission statement. You have one already in the creeds of the Church, which have stood the test of time. Mission is caught from me. When I place a yearning to see souls saved and brought into my Kingdom, the seeds of Mission are sown in your hearts. It begins in prayer, as you build your relationship with me and my Son Jesus. As that relationship grows, so the yearning for souls grows, because that is the yearning of my heart. You must never 'move on' from prayer. Prayer is the bedrock of your relationship with me. Yes, it is where you start, but it is also where it ends, and at every stage. Always pray, even when I am doing other things with you. Prayer is the footings of your building. Footings firmly planted in the Rock that is Jesus.

The walls must rise next from the firm foundations. The walls are the Word of God which provide you with everything you need in a hostile environment. The Word protects you from the attacks of Satan, by bouncing the arrows of the Evil One right back at him. When the devil attacked Jesus in the desert, he used my Word as a shield and a sword. Soak up my word and make it a part of who you are. Let my words be on your lips day and night. Meditate on my Word.

When the walls have risen strong and tall, firm on the rock that cannot be moved, then I give confidence. Confidence, not in your own strength or the might of your arm, but confidence in Jesus and His work of salvation, bought at the price of his life on the Cross. Confidence in my word to you, that stands and remains, long after the pronouncements of the 'wise' have been shown up for what they are, the babblings of the ignorant.

Place a banner on your ramparts, that all may see, the Cross of Jesus lifted high. Proclaiming to all peoples that this is a temple of God's Holy Spirit, a place where Jesus is honoured and proclaimed. The banner will attract two sorts of people. Those who are seeking me. They will see your light shining in the dark place they are, and like a moth, will be drawn to the light. Open the doors to all who come seeking me, feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, bind up the broken and give my rest to those who are weary. Let your tower of strength in Jesus become a tower of refuge and healing. The second type of person attracted to the banner, are the scoffers, who come to ridicule and jeer. They are far too 'wise' in their own eyes, to venture too close, and will throw stones at the walls, from afar. They will see no invitation in the open door, nor will they hinder or distract those who are seeking me for their eyes, are focused on Jesus. Do not waste time on the scoffers and those who throw stones at the Word of God; leave them to me! Open wide the gates to those who seek me, and you will have plenty to do, and much to praise me for. My barns are now ready for the harvest to be gathered in. Pray the Lord of the harvest to send labourer into his fields. Let them sing as they work. Let them shout for joy. Let them dance on their journey, as they bring in the sheaves. The halls of heaven always ring with constant praise, but now on earth, even the very foundations of the earth, will shake with the sound of a great shout, as the people I am calling, respond and turn to me.

When Jesus came to earth, and was born in Bethlehem, the impression is that he was unexpected, that his own people, the Jews, had stopped looking for him, but this was not the case. The flame of hope was always alight, and I had raised up those who would respond when he came. Simple folk like the shepherds, wise men like the Magi, and holy men and women like Simeon and Anna. When Jesus comes again, he will come unannounced, but will not be unexpected or unlooked for. Keep awake and always watchful. Read the signs, and be ready for the great shout of praise when he appears.

Lift High The Cross Hymn

Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
Till all the world adore His sacred Name.

Led on their way by this triumphant sign,
The hosts of God in conquering ranks combine.

Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
Till all the world adore His sacred Name.

Each newborn servant of the Crucified
Bears on the brow the seal of Him Who died.

Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
Till all the world adore His sacred Name.

O Lord, once lifted on the glorious tree,
As Thou hast promised, draw the world to Thee.

Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
Till all the world adore His sacred Name.

So shall our song of triumph ever be:
Praise to the Crucified for victory.

Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
Till all the world adore His sacred Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.