Pages

Friday 22 January 2010

Dreams and Visions

2010
Friday, 22 January
05:00:36


Lord: Have you noticed, as you read the scriptures, even the hard passages, how I put pictures into your mind. All scripture is pictures, and your speaking and teaching is most effective when you use pictures. Visions or pictures bring light and colour to your mind as well as understanding. There are several things I want to say about visions.

Wait with them. Expect my word to conjure up pictures for you. As you read the Word or as you listen to me speak, let the pictures form in your mind and be displayed on the screen of your inner eye. Gaze on it, study it and recall it, so that its meaning can dawn on you. Vision and pictures are a common part of the learning process for children, but for some reason it is not thought appropriate for adults, who are encouraged to think in abstract thoughts and words. Adults also think using pictures, and behind every great writing is a picture. Make pictures in your mind's eye part of everyday life. Learn to read the picture, in the same way you take in any scene in life. Ask yourself what is happening in this picture, who is there and what are they doing. Draw your first conclusion from the obvious, then look at the detail, and see if that changes the meaning. If the meaning or the reason for the picture is unclear, then prayerfully ask for clearer vision or clarification. I give visions because I want you to understand something, or to hear what I am saying. If you don't see what it means, I will give you another vision. Those who focus on me and see their visions as coming from me, will learn to read them and understand them.

As you look at the pictures and begin to see what they are about, ask yourself two questions:
Does this picture apply to me? And if so how?
Does this picture apply to others or more generally? If so,to whom, and how?

Visions and pictures are, at some point, to share. When others hear about your vision their mind's eye also catches the light and sees the detail. It is good to share visions and pictures with other believers, so that they, prayerfully, can test out your interpretation and perhaps add to it. When others share their pictures with you, do not dismiss them but treat them as from me, and wait on the meaning until it is fully understood. Write them down or record them in some way.

In the coming months and years I am going to use the visual gifts more and more in revealing truth to my people. It will be both an encouragement to the believer, and a sign for the unbeliever.

The visionary and the dreamer of dreams are as important to the church as any other ministry, and should be prayerfully encouraged and listened to. I am already speaking to others about dreams and visions, as I am speaking to you about prophecy and preaching.

This sort of inspired sight should not be watered down or confused with people who are full of good ideas. Those gifts are good also, but are more a natural gift of seeing possibilities, and are the product of an active alert mind, not necessarily me speaking to the Church.

Where I give vision, I also give understanding. Sometimes it is important that the interpretation and understanding comes from another person, as with the gift of tongues, where one speaks and another interprets. This is not however a rule! Many of my visionaries understand and interpret themselves.

Be always open for the many ways I am speaking and teaching my people in these days, for I am doing a new work in your land. I am mobilising a might army and equipping them for action. Prayer warriors awake, Soldiers of Christ arise, Prophets listen and speak as the Lord leads, Visionaries and Dreamers open the eyes of your spirit and let me show you. My church must be ready to move when they hear My battle cry, Jesus is Lord!

1 comment:

  1. I've just been listening to Mark Virkler's section on visions ... so very appropriate for me :) I am excited at what God will show me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.