Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Let your Light Shine

Lord: My word is a lantern for your path. Those who carry my word in their hearts and meditate upon it day and night, never need to walk in darkness any more. Spiritually the world is a very dark place, with pockets of light where my children abide. It is dark because most people, especially in the West, totally ignore the spiritual side of them. Effectively their light has gone out! I can see in most people the slightest glimmer, but as far as giving light to the world they are ineffective. Sadly this is true of many who call themselves Christian and believe they are. When people live in darkness they get used to the dark, and their whole being becomes gloomy and dull. The colour and the joy ebb away. When they come into contact with light again, it is usually because they are attracted to it from a long way off. Let your light shine in this dark world. Let that light be like a lighthouse, guiding the sailors safely home.

Keep my word on your mouth and in your heart. Love my word as you love me, for Jesus is the Word made flesh. Only when Jesus is foremost in your heart and mind, in other words at the centre of your life, will His light shine out of you. Only when they see the light will the lost be led to safety. When the lost come near to the light, their sin and all that is wrong in their lives is revealed to them. It is not revealed to condemn them, although they feel condemned: it is revealed in order that they may turn from it to Jesus and be saved.

I do not want you to condemn them, or point out their sins, unless I tell you to. I want your love for me to shine upon them so they are attracted by your warmth and your love. As they reveal their awareness of their own sin, pray with them for Jesus to forgive them. Then I want you to bless them in my name. Yes, I want you to bless them! To bless others is to continue the work of Jesus on earth, it is also to continue the work of creation. As I created everything, I blessed it, and it flourished. As lost souls are drawn to the light, and the light in them is rekindled, they become a new creation and require the blessing of creation. I want you, my church, to be the deliverer of my creation blessing, upon all whom I am saving from the darkness.

Your work is to be a light and to shine out brightly.

My work is to seek and to save.

Your work is to bless, bless and bless.

I love my creation, please love it too. I love everyone I have made, please love them too. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.