Pages

Monday 18 July 2011

Blessing One Another

Lord: One of the strong themes running through all I have said to you over the last month has been 'blessing'. I want my people to be a blessing to all whom I shall send to you. However blessing, is not a way of modern life and there are many who don't understand how to bless, or even what it means!

To be blessed is to have me, the creator God, supply all your needs and to turn my face upon you so that the light of my glory shines upon you and lights your life. For you to bless others is to invoke that blessing I long to give to all men. Because I have turned my face to you and shine my light upon you, when you turn your face to others in blessing my light is reflected in you and shines upon them. As they become enlightened, even by the reflected light of my glory, so they turn to me and I am able to shine directly upon them. This may all sound very theoretical but it is very real, and to bless others is something really tangible.

I have provided many blessings in my word that you can use to speak out blessing to others, but eventually I want you to speak words of your own making, that come from your heart.

A blessing is very personal because it has the power to reach straight into a person's soul and touch their heart. It takes a very stubborn and strong defence to resist a real blessing given in love. Even those who do not acknowledge me as Lord, daily enjoy the benefits of my blessing them. They enjoy the sunshine, eat good food and buy clothes that cover them and keep them warm. All these things I supply out of my bounty for them to enjoy, and although they never acknowledge me or thank me, I do not begrudge them. That is a blessing!

So speak these words to those around you and bless them. Do not chose to whom you speak but share it with those you meet. Speak it all, or adapt and speak a phrase or two, then watch how the blessing works and be amazed!

Blessing
I pray that the LORD will listen when you are in trouble, and that the God of Jacob will keep you safe. May the LORD send help from his temple and come to your rescue from Mount Zion. May he remember your gifts and be pleased with what you bring. May God do what you want most and let all go well for you. Then you will win victories, and we will celebrate, while raising our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD answer all of your prayers!

Response
I am certain, LORD, that you will help your chosen one. You will answer my prayers from your holy place in heaven, and you will save me with your mighty arm. Some people trust the power of chariots or horses, but we trust you, LORD God. Others will stumble and fall, but we will be strong and stand firm. Give us victory, LORD, and answer our prayers.
Psalm 20 (Contemporary English Version adapted)

As you bless those around you, you are making yourself a river for my love to flow directly to them. Just as a river waters the earth around it so that the river banks blossom and abound with abundant growth, so you when you become the channel of blessing to others will find that my blessing waters your life and you too receive a blessing. That is why I want you to be my channels of blessing. I could bless directly, and I do. But I want you all to receive as you give, and give as you have received. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.