Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

Shine as a Light in the World

Lord: I love righteousness, and I honour those who walk in my paths. As the psalms so often say, although the unrighteous and sinners seem to prosper in all they do, they do not benefit from their worldly wealth and physical gain. I see all they do and will punish them for their wickedness, if they do not turn to me and repent with their whole heart. I also see the faithful, the righteous and the poor, and I have stored up in Heaven rewards for all their work and suffering. They delight me and the light of my glory will shine upon them.

I have spoken to you about being different from the world and I want all my children to know that their righteousness must shine like a beacon in the darkness of the world. I want their holiness to be seen by all. There in no place in this day and age for hiding the truth that you belong to me and that I love you and am pouring my blessings upon you. Shine as a light in the world to the glory of your Father in Heaven.

Be alert each day as I give you opportunities to be my witnesses. When those opportunities arise, be quick to use them, so that those who hear the good news will be gathered in to the kingdom, and be sent out to be my witnesses in turn to their contacts.

Every day is precious to me and the work that I give you each day is for that day. I do not give you work and opportunities today, to be put off until tomorrow. My words and my commands are for today, unless I tell you otherwise.

Commit each day to me at the beginning of that day, and listen to what I tell you each day. Then, as I give you opportunities, you will be ready to speak and to act. You will find that by starting the day with me prepares you for each day. If you want to be as effective as I want you to be it is essential that you report to me as early as you can, then every opportunity can be followed up.

Remember that I love you, and I am not trying to catch you out, nor am I looking to reprimand you. I want you to act freely and use initiative while following my word to you. If you stay close to me, you will be able to do do the things I do and speak the words I speak, just as a child loves to copy his parents, and learns through it.


Sent from York by my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.