Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Action

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son. Your welcome. As you know, I love walking with you in the mornings. We love you very much.

I was with you in your broken shoe this morning. It was a parable. Read again Ephesians 6:10 -17 especially verse 15.

Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I spoke yesterday about HRA. The last being "Action", and it is this I want to focus on today.

Action
There is a great deal of difference between rushing in and doing what you think, or even know, I want you to be doing, and being ready! Being ready for action is to be like a well trained soldier, who knows his equipment and weapons, and, more importantly, knows how to use them. I want my front-line solders in the cause of the gospel, to be well equipped and well trained and ready for action. Just as you received training, through those years spent working alongside Dawson in "The Group", so I want my new and young soldiers to have the opportunity of being alongside others in the Church, who are experienced and wise in the my ways.

Of course I shall also give them my own form of training, and others will watch in both wonder and horror, as they rush into situations that the more cautious would not dream of engaging!  But the important thing to learn is that I am the supplier of the Spiritual Gifts, which is the equipment, and I also wrote the manual and determine the terms of engagement. So the most important rule is to look to me for instruction each day in prayer, and to remain in contact throughout the day and listen all the time for my word of instruction. The Gospel stands on its own and doesn't need defending, only proclaiming. My command to the Church is to proclaim the Gospel wherever you go. I want you to do it with boldness and clarity. Many of the places you go to will require every piece of the armour I provide to dress well, and for you to be ready with my word and my gifts to do the work and fulfil the mission I send you on. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin my name is Chris Baines and attend oasis church in falmouth. I was there a couple of years back when you shared your story of being woken by God and sharing in conversation etc. This is very exciting as what the Lord is saying through your blog at this time is identical to what the Lord is telling me and a few others at oasis with regards to being out in the street proclaiming the gospel to non believers through prayer walks, tracting and conversation. Thankyou for your blogs, it is great encouragment to me and i find it amazing how the Lord speaks to you. I need to talk less and listen more. Thankyou again. Chris Baines

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.