Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Wisdom

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new and beautiful day. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, thank you for your company this morning and your prayers. I love these times together and I love teaching you. Stay close and I will teach you more. I love you too.

Wisdom
One of my earliest gifts to the church, indeed to mankind was wisdom. Every culture and religion of mankind has its own interpretation of wisdom. Some of them see wisdom herself as a god, while others think she can be bought, or acquired by human effort.

Much of the earliest Christian and Jewish understanding of wisdom comes from Solomon. Solomon chose of his own free-will to follow me, and from the first days of his kingship over the Hebrews he sought my help. When I offered to bless him with anything he asked for, he chose to ask for wisdom to rule my people in the right way. Herein lies the key! Solomon recognised that, 'True wisdom is the fear of God', and that all wisdom comes from me. It was a good choice, and I put it into his mind to collect all the wisdom he could find in the world of his day, and to learn to understand it ,in the fear of me. What he discovered was that wisdom was in the world from the very beginning, and that Wisdom is herself particularly interested in mankind.

In his final speech, Job states that mankind mines to the deep layers of rock in search of precious stones gems and metals. He discovers all the secrets of that mysterious world below the fruitful ground. Yet wisdom is not found there, and even all the gold, silver, onyx, crystals, and precious gems, even all the topaz and rubies cannot compare to wisdom! Job asks the question, "Where does wisdom come from?" At the end of the day he concludes that man cannot understand where she comes from or how she is acquired, because to own wisdom is like owning me.

To a certain extent, wisdom can be learned, and in many cultures of the world the old are considered wise and their advice is sought and valued. This kind of wisdom is of great value, but is limited by the ability of man to understand what he observes.

Paul placed wisdom as in his list of the gifts of the Holy Spirit because he recognised that the source of all wisdom is me. When I bestow my free gift upon any man he has the ability to show wisdom beyond his age or understanding. My wisdom requires a close walk with me, and is often linked with another one of my precious gifts, knowledge. Combined, the two provide insight and discernment to determine the right course of action to take. The gift of wisdom is powerfully used by children who are close to me, because there is no human clutter in the way. Often I can easily use those who are not learned or book wise, again because there isn't too much rubbish in the way. But I am happy for all men and women to seek me for wisdom, and I am happy to give it freely to those who will stay by me and listen to me, and allow themselves to be led by my Spirit.

In the days and months ahead, wisdom will be highly sought after by all men and women from all walks of life, and many will be amazed when they see the path down which wisdom leads them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.