Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

The Law of the LORD is Perfect

Lord:  Today I want to talk to you about Psalm 19.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, 
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.
The law of the LORD is perfect, 
refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, 

making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right, 

giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant, 

giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is pure, 

enduring forever.
The decrees of the LORD are firm,

and all of them are righteous.
They are more precious than gold, 
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey, 

than honey from the honeycomb.
By them your servant is warned;    
in keeping them there is great reward.
But who can discern their own errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

N.I.V. 2010

Lord: It was me who inspired David to write the psalms. In a way it was his way of journaling. As I gave him revelation, he wrote it down. As I filled his heart with praise, he wrote it down and sang it with all his might. The praise he expressed to me has delighted me and has inspired countless thousands down the last three thousand years. They delighted me because they came from his heart. He didn't use the words of others but expressed what he felt honestly. He was also accurate in many of his statements because it was my inspiration that revealed these thing to him.

David was already fascinated by, and appreciative of, the wonders of the creation around him. In his early years as a shepherd boy he would lie out in the fields and hillsides gazing up at the stars. I showed him many wonders in the heavens: shooting stars, comets, clusters and constellations. He accepted simply and without question that I had made it all for him. For him this cosmic show was creation shouting about how wonderful I am, declaring what a good job I had made of the heavens. David was not an ignorant man; in his day he was respected for his wide knowledge of the natural order of things, and all men respected his faith and devotion to me. He knew well that if the sun was a few million miles further from the earth, life on earth would begin to freeze and that if it was nearer, all things would be burned up. He didn't work it out or speak of it in scientific terms, but he knew the truth because I told him. He could not hear the planets and stars singing to me, yet he heard their voice as they declared my glory.

In acknowledging me as the Creator, and observing the incredible order I have built in to creation, David began to see the laws that govern all things, and the perfection of them, and his soul took comfort and was refreshed. He realised that the unmovable statutes I built into creation were absolute and trustworthy. Recognising them, and abiding by them, is wisdom for all men, even the simple can understand and be wise by trusting in them.

Holding on to my laws, and living by the commands I have given mankind, is a joy to man's heart because my ways and my commands make living a joy. Through keeping my commands, man lives safely and at peace with me and his fellow man. All this helps mankind to come into the light I give that gives light to the inner eyes and provides revelation and understanding. All of the laws and decrees I make are both lasting and righteous, and all mankind should honour them, and fear me.

Fear of me is healthy. All men should fear me. But it's not the fear of someone who will harm you or take your life, both of which I could do in an instant, but awe and wonder at my greatness, and respect for the fact I know all things and can do anything. I am great, while man is tiny, like a speck of dust on the scales. If I did not love you so, I would have blotted mankind out of existence long ago.

I want you to stand in awe of me and 'fear' me. I want you to keep my decrees, statutes and precepts, because they are worth more than all the gold and precious gems in the world. No wealth or human position of power can compare with the least of my commands, and the rewards for staying in the centre of my will and keeping my commands are greater than anything else for they are life to you!

Jesus knew all this, which is why He lived his life the way He did and taught the things He taught, for like me He longs for all mankind to hold on to the laws, promises and statutes I have made, and find life. David didn't know Jesus by name, because in terms of time Jesus had not yet come, but he held on to my promise of a redeemer, and was saved through faith. You have Jesus who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Trust in him and stand firm on my commands, and find life. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.