Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

My Family

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new and beautiful morning. Thank you for the clear blue sky, the birds singing and the abundance of life and growth around us. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, thank you for joining us this morning, and for your company. We love you too.

My dear children, you are my family, and I love you with all my being. Within my family, you are secure and are able to grow into the full stature of manhood I intended for you. My family is large, you have lots of brothers and sisters and I want you to enjoy their company too. Encourage one another with the wisdom I shall give you. Look after the younger members of my family, and respect those I have blessed with wisdom and knowledge. Support one another in all you do, and above all pass on the blessing.

Many of your brothers and sisters were lost in sin, but they are now found. They have not yet fully experienced the joy and security of family life. Embrace them in love, show them the love we all have for each other. As you embrace them in love, give them the space they need to grow strong in me. Let them make mistakes, even as I let you make mistakes. Correct them in love, do not reject them even though they fall. All mankind falls and needs to be lifted up, and dusted down to continue on the walk.

Winning the race is not about coming in first, as most people believe, it's about completing the course and finishing the tasks set before you. I would rather you arrived late, either on the arm of someone else, or supporting a brother, than not to arrive at all.

I am not selective about who I call, because I want all men and women everywhere to come to me. Therefore you must not be selective in showing my love to all your brothers and sisters in me. Many will be 'outside your class' in both directions. They are all your brothers and sisters and in my kingdom there is no class. All are equal before me; all are saved by my grace alone. No one has earned their way, or paid their passage. Jesus is crucial in the process because the Cross is the doorway into my family.

Children, be in harmony, one with another. Let the love you observe between the three persons of God be your pattern, and copy us, that love may abound, and give you all the bond that cannot be broken. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.