Pages

Monday 24 October 2011

My Calling to You.

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for our time together as we walk and for you being with me all the time. Lord I give you this day. Help me to walk in your way and do your will. Lord I love you.

Lord: Good morning son, Thank you for walking with us this morning and for being here for us. Yes, that might seem strange to you who always think of us being here for you! We are always here for you, but we enjoy your company and conversation, and we are grateful to you for giving time to us. Stay close and ever watchful. Let me lead you into a ministry, and into areas you have only dreamed of so far. We love you.

My children, I am calling to you today to step out of your comfort zone. Step out in faith and break with the spirit of this present darkness. Turn aside from all forms of greed and idolatry. The modern forms of idolatry are holding on to idealistic ideas I have not given you, of materialism and placing your trust in the things that money can buy. Idolatry today, as in days gone by, is turning away from me, and following after other gods who can give you nothing but heartbreak. Leave all these gods behind you and step out on to the path that I will show you, a path of righteousness and truth, a path which will lead you into a land of fresh green pastures and an abundance of fruitfulness. Do not let your lives be full of anxieties and concerns over things you cannot change. Instead look to me to show you the things you can change and the people you can bless.

So much energy is wasted, and enthusiasm lost, because you pursue that which is not your concern. Let your concerns be the things I lay upon you, and not what the world would have you be concerned about. For every need in the world, I raise up those who will rise to the challenge and meet that need. I will also raise up those around them to support and uphold them in their mission. But not everyone is to be concerned with every need or issue. Devote your energy and expertise to the things I give you, and bless and support the people I draw within your sphere. Pray for those I lay upon your heart. Heal those I give you  the gift of healing for, and prophecy over those to who I give you a word.

This calling of mine to you, will bring you out from your cover of 'safety', which is not a real cover, just a hiding place, and into a place on the front line where I am working. There, on the front line of battle, all the gifts I have given to you will be needed, as you fulfil all the tasks I give you. Here on the front line, you will need a daily dose of prayer and fellowship with me, a briefing session, where I can show you all that I want you to do. Then I want you to stay focused and do the things I command of you.

Watch out each day for the opportunities I am presenting to you, opportunities to share your story with a stranger, to pray with someone in need, to bless someone just because they cross your path and I point them out to you. I will present you with opportunities to encourage and build up someone who is low, or to raise up another who is fallen. Keep your ears open for those who ask after me and are seeking me. Sometimes their asking is done in a quiet, tentative voice. Listen out for them and respond. Remember, you are my witnesses. You are the bearers of my gospel, which is the gift of salvation to all who hear it. It is not for you to decide  who to share the good news with, only to share it and let my Holy Spirit do the work of convincing and conviction.

Children, this is new ground for many of you. Do not be afraid, be courageous, be bold and strong, and let me lead you. Together we can bring in my kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.