Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Regain your First Love

Lord: For about sixty generations now, my church has been passing on the good news about Jesus, but there are many corners of the world that are still untouched by the good news. Even after all these generations, and after all the effort, the church is distracted from living and preaching the good news, by focusing upon things that are nothing to do with the gospel and do not give life to my people. I did not come to earth to found a building preservation society, nor did I come to form and support a church of surrogates, priests and ministers, who do all the work while the people do nothing!

When I called you to me, I filled your hearts with excitement as you realised the truth and committed yourselves to me. I opened your eyes, to see what I was doing in the lives and hearts of men and women, as they turned to me for salvation. I laid needs upon your hearts to pray for. I allowed my Holy Spirit to use you in prophecy, knowledge, discernment, tongues and healing. I filled your hearts with love for those around you, and your voices with praise and worship for me.

I have not changed! The gospel has not changed! The Holy Spirit is still there, but I do not hear the worship that comes from the heart. I do not see any more the excitement of seeing me at work! Where is that love you had for me when you first believed?

Has the last 2,000 years watered down the gospel? No! My word stands forever and for all time. You, my people have allowed the clamour and senseless mutterings of the world to distract and deceive you! You have listened to the lies of the Evil One, and have let go of My commandments and my statutes. You have turned your eyes away from Jesus and have allowed the bright lights and loud music of the world to distract you, and lead you away from my path. As you have wandered further away from me you have become deaf to my voice, and oblivious of my call. Even your leaders have been listening too much to the world's wisdom, which is not wisdom at all, and have created a theology to fit the world's ideas, instead of allowing the world to see the truth.

As the institutions of worldly power are shaken by my hand, and many become fearful for their future as the props they were leaning on fall, you my people, must stand firm on the rock which is not shaken and which cannot be moved. That rock is Jesus! Hold tightly to the truth revealed in Jesus and spread abroad the Gospel! Turn your eyes upon Jesus, and listen, as I speak to you through Him. Learn well, how to hear my voice, and remain obedient to me, for only those who hold on to me will not be shaken in the days and month ahead, as I shake again and again, the institutions of men.

Hold on firmly to my truth, and my commandments. Endure the laughter and mockery of the world for a little longer, for before the year is out, many of the rocks and safe places, in which they trust, and on which they have based their whole lives, will shake, crumble and fall into a pile of dust!

Be ready to reach out your hands to help those who fall and draw them to the safety of the rock, which is Jesus. Do not reprove them. It is for My Holy Spirit to do the convicting Reach out and draw them home. Nourish them with the words of life. Live out the gospel of peace and love ,and regain and relive the love you had for me when you first believed. Regain the excitement you felt when you first saw me working and lift your hearts and your voices in praise and worship to me.

Let your light shine brightly in the darkness of the world. Be a lighthouse, a beacon, to draw all men to me. Do not waiver or be daunted by the task, for I have equipped you and will provide for all your needs and all the needs of those to whom you minister. I am the Lord your provider, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.