Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Which way Lord?

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day, Thank you for the clear shy and the brilliant stars, and the moon that gives me light to walk the dark path. Thank you for your company and your guidance. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, welcome to the club this morning. I'm so glad you liked the celestial show I laid on for you this morning. Though the path may be dark, if you always walk with me I shall be a light for you to see and a lantern for your feet. Trust me.

Martin, this time each morning walking with me and spending it in conversation, is very important both for you, for me, and for others as well. I would that all my children would spent a good time with me, uninterrupted and in constant communion with me. Not only do you benefit from this time, but all those for whom you pray benefit as well! I hear all your prayers as you ask them, and you have time to hear my replies. Encourage others to spend time with me.

As you walk with me and begin to rely on me for all your needs, you will begin to see me work in new and wonderful ways. As you encounter forks in the road you are walking, ask me to show you which way to walk. As you meet with opposition, ask me for words to say. As you meet with difficulties, commit each one to me, and let me do the sorting. Let your prayer always be, "Which way Lord?" or "What should I do now Lord?" Then listen, as I instruct you.

If you look at the examples of this in the Bible, you will see that I often said things like, "Assemble and do nothing!" or "Watch me work." Then, as the people watched, I have given them the victory without their needing to lift one hand! Sometimes, indeed often, I will tell you what action to take, and then you will move forward in power. But remember always, the power is mine, not yours, and the action you take is at my command. All glory must be given to me. I am the Lord who guides you. I am the Lord your strength.

I know, and I understand your weaknesses, but it is when you are weak that I am strong. It is when you are low or cast down that I can raise you up. When I raise you up, you can be a strength to the weak and an encouragement to those who are cast down. Remember always that one encouraging word, offered in love, can change a life and save a soul.

Always speak in love, never in hate. Give all your anger to me, and let my love take over and heal the hole that is left. Always be ready to forgive, just as you have, in Jesus, been forgiven. Keep your eyes fixed on me and seek always the Kingdom of Heaven. That is your destination and the place to which I am leading you. A place near to my heart. A place I have prepared for all those who love me. A place where you will be near to me and those whom you love and where you will feel at home. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.