Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

Worship

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day. Thank you for sharing that incredible dawn this morning with all its dramatic colour and beauty. I love you Lord.

Lord: The question you read in that forum yesterday, "Why does a God of Love require worship?" is not such a peculiar question as it may seem. I know that at first you thought is was somebody mucking about. But it was actually a very sensible question and well asked. For many people the worship, offered by the average established religious group of any denomination, is uninspired and even boring for those who take part, because their hearts are not in that kind of worship. There is a feeling that worship should say something, and that type of worship doesn't express what the average worshipper is trying to say.

True worship of me arises out of love. It starts with my love for mankind. Everything you can see hear and touch, every feeling and sense you have, was created by me so that you could be a fully responsive living being. All things were made for your good and to make your life fulfilled and beautiful. As you begin to realise this love I have for you, and want in your heart to love me back, worship swells up within you. You may not call it worship, but that is what it is!

As you begin to explore and discover the incredible wonders, of how you are made and of all the intricate and fully interdependent parts with which you are made, the mind is filled with awe and wonder. As my word says: "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Not one single cell in your body, not one single molecule, came into being by accident, and not one tiny part of you evolved from another. Each was pre-programmed by me before your mother conceived you, and reproduced itself into that incredible being which is you.
   
Just think for one minute about the fantastic way your hand can be manipulated to grip with an iron grip, or to lightly touch in a caress of love. Think for a minute how the brain can process and interpret images received from the eyes, or sounds received through your ears, or smells received through your nose, and accurately interpret what they are and what they mean. And can store them so that at a future date they can be recalled and remembered.

Just a very few minutes of pondering on how fearfully and wonderfully you are made should spark in each one a sense of wonder, awe and thanksgiving. The expression of this, and the acknowledgement of my part in it, is the beginning of worship. I do not demand it in the sense of standing over you with a whip until you worship me! But the realisation of the greatness of your Creator sparks within you a response of worship.

How you express it is not laid down in rules or rituals, but is expressed from your heart in love. Down the ages men and women have explored many ways of worshipping me, from music and dance through all the arts, through writing, to acts of love and charity. All are valid and all are unique for the person offering me their worship. I want my people to continue to find ways to express their love, thanks and awe to me, in their own way. As long as it comes from them, from the depths of their being, it is like music in my ears and raises joy in my heart.

Worshipping together is wonderful too, for as well as sharing wonder and awe, you are also sharing fellowship one with another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.