Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Testimony to Jesus - Spirit of Prophecy

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new and beautiful day.  I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning son, welcome to the club this morning. Thank you for walking with us and sharing your heart. We love you too.

When prophets are faithful to the word I give them and proclaim it boldly, it has far reaching effect, far beyond anything they ever dreamed of! For example, my servant Isaiah was one of the most faithful men of his day. The word I gave him to speak was not an easy word, and not always well received. He spoke words into the NOW situation, words that applied to the people who actually physically heard him deliver them, but that same word has spoken with great power to other people throughout the generations.

Sometimes words are spoken which apply to a later time. for example his prophecies that relate to Jesus. The disciples and the early church rejoiced as they say the fulfilment of these prophecies, for it encouraged them to believe and go through all the persecution and suffering they had to endure. Those same words still speak to many with the same power, to encourage and build up, as they had in the first century. That is because my Word is everlasting and stands forever. It was spoken outside of time, in the Heavenly Realm. Therefore it is heard and full of meaning in every generation.

The proclamation of Jesus through the gospels is prophetic. It is my word spoken for all eternity. Your testimony to the salvation Jesus has given you, is prophecy and is spoken in the halls of my throne room! St. John wrote in Revelation chapter 19 verse 10:

And he (the angel) said unto me, ....worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. KJV

Do not be afraid then to speak the word I give you, or be slow to share your story (testimony), for as the words fall from your lips they take up wings like an eagle and rise into the heavens. Not only are they heard on Earth, touching the hearts of those around you, but they are heard in Heaven, and recorded with your name in the Lamb's book of life.

The book of Revelation also tells how the word of God is like a sharp sword coming out of your mouth, that will cut closer than a razor to divide bone from marrow. This sword is not just a figure of speech; it is very real. Use the Sword of the Spirit to cut down the briar and brambles, the evil one has caused to grow up around my children. Cut a pathway of truth through the wall and set my people free. My word never returns to me void! When St Paul said that all should seek after the 'higher gifts (prophecy) It was because he rightly saw that my call to all believers is that they should all be bold and share their story with others, and be numbered with the prophets who give testimony to My Son Jesus.

My prophets do not need any qualifications or letters after their names. My prophets do not need to be well spoken, or able to stand before thousands and speak eloquently. My prophets have a story to tell and are those who are ready to share their story. It may be with individuals, or it may be in small groups or it may be before great crowds or even before kings and princes. Wherever you share the testimony of Jesus, your words are honoured and will not return to you void.

As Isaiah called the prophets to go up mountains and on to the rooftops and shout the Word of God, so I am calling all my people to proclaim boldly their true story of Jesus in their lives, that others may hear and turn to Him and find life.

When I spoke the Word in creation, all things came into being.
When you speak of Jesus, new life is breathed into your hearers.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.