Pages

Sunday 6 November 2011

As I looked, I saw...

Me: Good morning Lord. Thank you for waking me this morning and for this new day you have made. Thank you for your love to us. I love you Lord.

Lord: Good morning Martin. Welcome to the club this morning, and thank you for walking with us. We love you too.

Vision: I saw a multitude of people dressed in loose, ragged clothing, with their wrists tied together with rope. Around them were an equally great multitude of people running here and there in seeming bewilderment, not knowing what to do. At first I thought they were those who had bound the multitude, but then I saw that they wanted to do something to set the others free, but didn't know what to do! Then I heard the voice of the Lord calling, "Unbind them and set them free!".

Then I looked again and I saw one dressed in white. His robe was shining with a brightness that lit up all those around him. His face shone like the sun, and many  turned away, unable to gaze at his brightness. Around him was a large group of people, also dressed in glorious bright robes, and carried over their arms a great quantity of white sashes.

Those who were bound with cords held up their hands to him, and as he reached out and touched each one, their bonds fell to the ground and turned to dust! Then those who followed bound one of the sashes around the waist of each of those set free, and as the sash was tied, the ragged clothes they wore became shining white, and their faces shone like the sun.

When all those who had been bound were set free and dressed in shining white, the one who had set them free turned to those who were milling around, not knowing what to do, and he spoke to them, saying.

"Where were you when I called to you from the midst of my needy people? Where were you when I wanted hands and feet to carry the good news? Why did you not respond to the call of my prophets? The reason is that you would not leave the shelter of those gloomy places you call my house. All your energy has been spent on things I did not call you to do, and you never called on me to help you or empower you. All around you were those who needed me, and you did not enlighten them. Without realising it, you too were becoming bound and enslaved. Repent and turn to me that I may set you free."
   
Even as I looked, many fell upon their knees and held up their bound wrists to him, with tears in their eyes. Others, however, were turning away from him, their faces cast down, and were moving out and away. Some of those who were dressed in white went to them, to turn them back, but were pushed aside. Only a few turned back and joined those on their knees.

Then the one who had spoken to them breathed on them, saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit of My Father, and be set free." And as one, the bonds of those on their knees fell to the ground, and they were all clothed in bright white, with a shining sash around their waist. Then, with one voice the whole multitude raised their voices in a hymn of praise, glorifying Jesus the Son of God. So great was the noise of the song of praise, that even those who had turned away looked back, and a few ran towards the multitude. As they ran their bonds fell off and their raiment turned white as snow, and they too joined in the hymn of praise to God.

Lord: Lift up your eyes to the fields and see, they are already white and ready to be harvested. Pray therefore, the Lord of the harvest, that he send workers into the fields, that all may be gathered in. Go where I send you. Speak the words I give you. Heal the sick and raise the dead and proclaim, "The kingdom of Heaven is at hand." I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.